Pregnancy And Parenting

19 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

My eldest, 5 year old, plays football at school with kids a couple of years older where I suspect he picks up things. A few weeks back the odd occasion I thought I'd overheard him muttering "fanny" but wasn't sure enough so dismissed it. Then we were messing and I said something like "Do you know what you are Nicholas? A stinky face." or similar teasing. He replied "well, do you know what you are daddy? A fanny". Admittedly accurate, but I didn't find it funny at the time and went tonto. I've not heard him use it again. Thinking back though it is funny.

He has started giving the finger, sometimes the middle finger, sometimes the two fingers. I don't think he's any idea that it's offensive. I have been trying to get him to stop without him knowing what it really means, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll probably need to take the same approach as the last time.

giphy (4).gif

Yeah Aila is like that. The other day I actually told her to be quiet because she had been talking non stop to herself and it became like a droning noise [emoji38]

Currently trying to get her used to a bed as we've taken the sides of the cot off. She goes apeshit when we leave the room and sets up a camp at the door until she falls asleep. I thought she'd love the freedom and run wild but she just cries.

Pictures below were of her falling asleep and what we walked into in the morning [emoji38]IMG_20190304_201634697.jpgIMG_20190307_103927928.jpg

My wee girl was the complete opposite. Went bonkers when we tried to put her in a cot after she left our room. Screaming and shaking. The full bifta. Took the sides off put a guard on it and a mattress at the side and she slept like a log. Was very strange as we still don’t know what freaked her out. Wee boy. Meh, bed’s a bed to him.

[emoji38] love that! Thankfully Catherine has never done anything like that. For a while she wanted to sleep on the floor but grew out of it quickly. She hates mess too so she'd probably have a melt down looking at it. 
I would say send Catherine down to teach Aila but I'd be kidding myself on that I want her to be tidy. My Mrs is definitely on the OCD spectrum as the mental stuff she comes out with shows. She can see a mark on a wall that no one else ever can. Absolute crackpot. When Aila trashes the place I secretly love it [emoji38]

My eldest, 5 year old, plays football at school with kids a couple of years older where I suspect he picks up things. A few weeks back the odd occasion I thought I'd overheard him muttering "fanny" but wasn't sure enough so dismissed it. Then we were messing and I said something like "Do you know what you are Nicholas? A stinky face." or similar teasing. He replied "well, do you know what you are daddy? A fanny". Admittedly accurate, but I didn't find it funny at the time and went tonto. I've not heard him use it again. Thinking back though it is funny.
He has started giving the finger, sometimes the middle finger, sometimes the two fingers. I don't think he's any idea that it's offensive. I have been trying to get him to stop without him knowing what it really means, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll probably need to take the same approach as the last time.
Mate I can 100% sympathise with this.
Leon was 4 in January, and in the past 6 months he's accumulated an array of choice words such as fanny, b*****d, f*ck, shit, arsehole and his favourite whenever he's annoyed... The middle finger.
Its emerged in the last week that there's a group of 3 in the nursery (Leon being 1 of) that have a wee huddle and share bad words out of earshot of the teachers.
I picked him up from nursery on Thursday there and asked him if his friends were going to the new "Hilltop Primary" After the summer, that's being built just now.......his answer....
"It's not even on a fuc*ing hill"

37 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Mate I can 100% sympathise with this.
Leon was 4 in January, and in the past 6 months he's accumulated an array of choice words such as fanny, b*****d, f*ck, shit, arsehole and his favourite whenever he's annoyed... The middle finger.
Its emerged in the last week that there's a group of 3 in the nursery (Leon being 1 of) that have a wee huddle and share bad words out of earshot of the teachers.
I picked him up from nursery on Thursday there and asked him if his friends were going to the new "Hilltop Primary" After the summer, that's being built just now.......his answer....
"It's not even on a fuc*ing hill"

images (7).jpeg

On 29/06/2010 at 15:55, die hard doonhamer said:

Found out 3 weeks or so ago I'm going to be a dad, girlfriend is about 10 weeks in, been given a due date of 21st January, although that may change when we have the scan (week on Friday). I've already experienced a range of emotions. Read about the first half of this thread, it seems to have calmed me down about it all a bit.

On 03/05/2013 at 09:42, die hard doonhamer said:

We had our dating scan yesterday, our second child is due on the 6th November :) I can't wait :D

I went back and found these posts, from when I put in here that my kids were in their way each time. This thread has been an immensely useful resource throughout the last 9 years or so!

Anyway, to the point. My wife and I are expecting our third :) due late September.

30 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I went back and found these posts, from when I put in here that my kids were in their way each time. This thread has been an immensely useful resource throughout the last 9 years or so!

Anyway, to the point. My wife and I are expecting our third :) due late September.

Congratulations! My third is a bampot but extremely lovable! The other two are walk in the park in comparison!

32 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Congrats to you all :thumsup2

Just had our 12 week scan so getting ready for our first. Going between feeling amazing and proud to absolutely bricking it.

This thread will be very useful.

To go all "Birthday Caird Pish", this thread really is great. This one and the Depression thread have an almost unwritten rule that it's a serious one and not one for the usual pisstaking. So feel free to ask anything, regardless how daft you think it may be.

Everyone has different experiences obviously so not only do you get responses but you normally get a variety which is great.

Have to admit I never felt nervous at all until the first night when everyone left and I thought, "Shit, I'm responsible for this bundle now". But for all she's pushing buttons now (2), as G_Man said, being a Dad is the best thing in the world. So far there hasn't been a day when my wee one hasn't made me laugh (even recently when she's been a wee shit!).