Pregnancy And Parenting

Put this on twitter, but on Saturday there, the wee'est one (4y.o) saw the postman coming in the gate, so he ran to the front door, stuck his wee paw through the letter box and Gave the postie the middle finger before running in to tell me what he had done.
I laughed, but on further thought, absolutely mortified, as that particular postman is pretty sound.

Whilst I’m still convalescing from having an abscess removed from my arse HSF and her mum are away up to the hospital as Catherine has been referred in by the doctor to paediatric department as she has swelling on one side of her face and the doctor doesn’t know what it is. I’m climbing the walls. (Not literally I can hardly walk let alone climb). 

Kids swearing is never not funny.
Not so sure about that just now tbh. Our wee one is 2 and she is not only a sponge, she's a parrot. My idiot sister-in-law sang a song to her about 6 months ago with the lyrics "such a fucking ho" in it. She will still to this day come out with it. Not only that, she's now aware it gets a reaction so she does it sneakily and goes and hides.

We were in the queue at Tesco the other day and she randomly came out with "Fucking Hell!" in the trolley. There are no words in the English language that you can pretend she got mixed up with there!

Hopefully just a phase.

33 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think it took me about five years to find out what bugger meant  after I used it when a James Bond film was cancelled at the local cinema. and was smacked.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think it took me about five years to find out what bugger meant  after I used it when a James Bond film was cancelled at the local cinema. and was smacked.

My first recollection of swearing is calling my brother a whore in my grans house, which was met with a skelp orund the lug. Had no idea what I was saying, just knew it was cool and definitely the thing to say at the time.

My first recollection of swearing is calling my brother a whore in my grans house, which was met with a skelp orund the lug. Had no idea what I was saying, just knew it was cool and definitely the thing to say at the time.
I was thrown out of Regi class in first year for calling a lassie a twat. The teacher came out and asked if I knew what it was to which I replied no. She said "It's a vagina!". I had no idea. I've lived a sheltered life.

We had a new kid at primary from Ireland. One day he said the C word. Everybody was stunned by this new word. After a few months I had forgotten what the word was. Then he said it again and now I have never been able to forget it again!

We had a new kid at primary from Ireland. One day he said the C word. Everybody was stunned by this new word. After a few months I had forgotten what the word was. Then he said it again and now I have never been able to forget it again!
Craic?

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:39, Rugster said:

Whilst I’m still convalescing from having an abscess removed from my arse HSF and her mum are away up to the hospital as Catherine has been referred in by the doctor to paediatric department as she has swelling on one side of her face and the doctor doesn’t know what it is. I’m climbing the walls. (Not literally I can hardly walk let alone climb). 

Any update? A bit of a worry, that.

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Any update? A bit of a worry, that.

Yes sorry. All ok. Turned out to be a swollen gland, side effect of viral infection. She got home on Monday afternoon and we were told to keep a close eye on her for 48 hours and phone straight through to paediatrics if she deteriorated which thankfully she didn’t. All back to normal now thanks. 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Yes sorry. All ok. Turned out to be a swollen gland, side effect of viral infection. She got home on Monday afternoon and we were told to keep a close eye on her for 48 hours and phone straight through to paediatrics if she deteriorated which thankfully she didn’t. All back to normal now thanks. 

Good to hear.

And there's no need to apologise - informing P&B shouldn't be high on your list of priorities! :lol:

Currently mooching about at A & E with Catherine who took a heider at nursery and split her napper open. Been triaged now waiting for doctor to attend to stitch or glue it up. 

This is after an all nighter with Fraser who had a horrendous cough and wouldn’t settle on his own and had to be held to sleep. 

:bairn:eek: :lol:

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

Currently mooching about at A & E with Catherine who took a heider at nursery and split her napper open. Been triaged now waiting for doctor to attend to stitch or glue it up. 

This is after an all nighter with Fraser who had a horrendous cough and wouldn’t settle on his own and had to be held to sleep. 

:bairn:eek: :lol:

It's just as well you can't sit down these days.

On 22/02/2019 at 22:03, die hard doonhamer said:

My eldest, 5 year old, plays football at school with kids a couple of years older where I suspect he picks up things. A few weeks back the odd occasion I thought I'd overheard him muttering "fanny" but wasn't sure enough so dismissed it. Then we were messing and I said something like "Do you know what you are Nicholas? A stinky face." or similar teasing. He replied "well, do you know what you are daddy? A fanny". Admittedly accurate, but I didn't find it funny at the time and went tonto. I've not heard him use it again. Thinking back though it is funny.

He has started giving the finger, sometimes the middle finger, sometimes the two fingers. I don't think he's any idea that it's offensive. I have been trying to get him to stop without him knowing what it really means, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll probably need to take the same approach as the last time.