Pregnancy And Parenting

On 28/01/2019 at 14:12, 8MileBU said:

Well from a massive high to a super massive low. Sad to say that just after the great 12 week scan and joy of spreading the news last week, unfortunately my wife had a miscarriage in the early hours of this morning. Going through every emotion now.

Genuinely sorry to hear this, hope you're all getting through it. Went through the same experience before and it's absolutely shite.  It's not easy putting your own feelings on the back burner to make sure your Mrs is OK, don't be feart to talk about it.

On 20/12/2018 at 08:54, Alert Mongoose said:

We have the final (hopefully, please..) Court date for getting full adoption of our little rascal. It's a hellishly long process (3 years if you include the whole adoption meetings etc) but I understand that it has to be thorough process. Hopefully early January brings the best present.  The various children's panel/LAC reviews have always been fair and professional. 

After another cancellation, we finally got the final sign off in late January. I think it was around over three years in the end but obviously worth it in the end. I don't envy the job the social work department does - it must feel like you are getting it in the neck from all directions but sadly it is a much needed service.  Now comes the tricky question of whether to go through the whole process again.... 

Here he is helping me build his new sandpit... 

IMG-20181117-WA0002.jpg

50 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

After another cancellation, we finally got the final sign off in late January. I think it was around over three years in the end but obviously worth it in the end. I don't envy the job the social work department does - it must feel like you are getting it in the neck from all directions but sadly it is a much needed service.  Now comes the tricky question of whether to go through the whole process again.... 

IMG-20181117-WA0002.jpg

Every child should have access to power tools.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

IMG-20181117-WA0002.jpg

Congratulations and well done for going down the adoption route.

It is time consuming and frustrating and stressful but all the checks and balances are very necessary.

Mine are yet to have had the chickenpox (5 & 4) is it still thought of as to be good to get their outbreak done and out of the way young?

I believe so. My son had them just before Christmas. The baths with oats hanging over the tap is brilliant. Couldn’t believe the difference it made. Have him one in the morning and one at night and it meant he wasn’t bothered by them at all.

Been a difficult few days as the kids saw their mum for the first time in 3 months on friday,Ben's behaviour has been awful since and we feel it is confusing him.
Maisie's dad had written a lovely letter to the Child panel though.

Screenshot_20190213-131650_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cf607a5343711279ae9fd2ae77620f7e.jpg

Fantastic letter that Keith.