Pregnancy And Parenting

Thanks guys. Last night was a bit better and when I say bit I mean fucking miles better. She told me downstairs she didn't want to go to bed and had to sleep on the floor so I just said ok and went with it. Arranged her duvet and a pillow on the floor for her before we went up and said it's bed time. She said "no it's not bed time it's floor time" which I had to laugh at. Anyway, went into her room and when she saw the pillow and duvet on the floor she was over the moon and crawled in said night night and gave me a kiss and let me leave the room straight away. Slept right through to 9am this morning. Ok, she's not in her bed, but it's a step forward from the meltdowns and needing me to stay. If she keeps that up a few days then I think eventually she will be happy enough to go back into the bed. I've also ordered a gro clock and will see about a sticker chart but she's in a far better mood this morning and early days but seems back to her more "normal" self this morning. I can live with her kipping on the floor for a wee while, I just couldn't afford the time it took to stay in her room and get her to go to sleep, too much going on for that. 

A wee step back in the right direction hopefully. 

In other news Fraser doing brilliantly and probably be home in a couple of weeks. 

Hannah onto day 12 of chemo and whilst she's knackered and struggling to sleep due to some side effects she's tackling it head on. 

Just stick we the floor. Like you said she will realise bed is better and will end up there. My youngest did this and he changed his ways.
Teddys prefer to sleep in bed also. ( seemed to work).

Star chart we have tried this and as soon as I forgot one day or whatever happened it went all to f**k. Ended up stopping it as felt it didn't really achieve anything.

Both my kids are away camping this weekend ( in the beavers and cubs)

Happy days

I have tried star charts for various but like you say they slip off. Specially once they realise a star isnt that big an incentive. While you are busy trying like f**k to remedy some phase that they are in, they are busy growing out of it of their own accord more often than not.

32 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My son is eight months old and has seven teeth. Jaws boy IMO.

Youngest grand daughter seems to have been teething since she was born but has managed to produce only 2 teeth to date.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have tried star charts for various but like you say they slip off. Specially once they realise a star isnt that big an incentive. While you are busy trying like f**k to remedy some phase that they are in, they are busy growing out of it of their own accord more often than not.

I never bothered with them. Frankly my youngest is immune to any kind of sanctions.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:15, Rugster said:

Thanks guys. Last night was a bit better and when I say bit I mean fucking miles better. She told me downstairs she didn't want to go to bed and had to sleep on the floor so I just said ok and went with it. Arranged her duvet and a pillow on the floor for her before we went up and said it's bed time. She said "no it's not bed time it's floor time" which I had to laugh at. Anyway, went into her room and when she saw the pillow and duvet on the floor she was over the moon and crawled in said night night and gave me a kiss and let me leave the room straight away.

She's a teenager now... 

door sleep.jpg

Does anyone elses beloved brat wait until they have a clean nappy on before having a shite? Aila has always done this. I could count on 1 hand the times she's woke up in the morning with her nappy filled, and that's since birth.

Once we put a clean nappy on in the morning, within 10 minutes she'll have it filled. Nappy shares will be down once we have her potty trained.

Just had a class we exchange with my 3yo who was pretending a milk bottle was a phone

Her: Dad its my office on the phone

Me: Oh right, what are they saying?

Her: They need me to come in to the office.

Me: Oh dear. Didnt you tell them you couldnt because its nearly bedtime?

Her: Its just pretend dad.

Me: .........

First day on the beer since before Skye has been born, you mayhave seen some of the post, here goes anyway;

Skye is now 25 days old

Wife & 3 kids off to sleep at MaMa tonight.

Baby Skye is doing great, lost a little wait after birth, but chugging on the milk now (Mou) wife tits are like ridraw for the first few weeks, She didnt want give in the bottle (we have the pump).

First 1 week was really smooth all good. ( I was off work).

Second Week Problems with postnatal. I've got the bottle with Mou milk. It was a tough one bro's and sisters, telling to leave, hated all my family etc

2nd & 3rd Week , biggest problem was Roy(6) just staring to relies he is not the only one (schools holidays didn't help).  I knew this would happen, so finished work early ever day to get him.  The took him to Top Plaza (big f**k of shopping store) to play for hour within hours.  I know this maybe seem not much for you Scotch but this is all I have here!

4th Week.  Wife said MaMa wants them to stay at their house tonight... 500yards away.  Are you sure.. Should I be dancing? Fucking right I'm dancing. 

Catherine is back in her bed. Couple nights ago toughed it out with her crying at the door of her room rattling the stair gate. Went up a couple of time and put her back on the floor. After about 30 minutes I heard her on the monitor saying I want to go in my bed. Went up and put her in and fingers crossed every night since then she's been back to normal. Think she's having some nightmares though but guess that's natural at this stage. Her imagination is going into overdrive. She's scared of the corner of the living room just now because there's apparently a big crocodile in it, and she's not interested in her teddy just now because apparently he scared her during the night. 

Fraser getting home towards middle of this week all being well. Tremendous from him considering he still wasn't even due to be born until the end of the month. 

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:38, Jacksgranda said:

If he's anything like our Reuben he'll get horsed out early because they'll need his bed, and he'll be the least poorly...

31 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Fraser getting home towards middle of this week all being well. Tremendous from him considering he still wasn't even due to be born until the end of the month. 

Telt ye!

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Telt ye!

I know he's a wee tough guy. In all honesty he'd probably have got out a wee bit earlier still if there wasn't so much going on at home. SCBU have been absolutely outstanding with us and they don't just take him into account it's ensuring we are all ready at home too. Absolute miracle workers in that place. Will never speak highly enough of them.