Pregnancy And Parenting

Went to Burntisland yesterday (a daddy/daughter day) for some god forsaken reason but ended up at the shows. Wandering along with the bairn and she’s looking at the Cups of Tea and Ladybirds roundabout shite and I said “right, it’s time for the Waltzers”.  She was a bit apprehensive (probably the heavily tattooed gypsy characters that were running it) but once she was on she loved it.  “Non of those stupid things from now on” she said.

Thank f**k.

20 hours ago, taurus said:

Wee man`s got something called GLUE EAR , anyone heard of it before and is it serious ?

One of my girls has it. Not a serious condition but means she is more prone to nasty ear infections. In some cases I believe it can affect hearing if not treated. In her case the ear infections themselves clear up with antibiotics.

For the underlying glue ear they like to wait and see if the kids essentially grow out of it first but if not, like in our case, it can be a routine operation to insert grommets. We are currently 5 months into the 9 month waiting list (Glasgow area)

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:19, Ally said:

One of my girls has it. Not a serious condition but means she is more prone to nasty ear infections. In some cases I believe it can affect hearing if not treated. In her case the ear infections themselves clear up with antibiotics.

For the underlying glue ear they like to wait and see if the kids essentially grow out of it first but if not, like in our case, it can be a routine operation to insert grommets. We are currently 5 months into the 9 month waiting list (Glasgow area)

Cheers mate.

My youngests (11 year old twins) left primary school today. The bloody staff did a big assembly and got all the kids to do little speeches about their time at school. This intermixed with them all singing and dancing to 3 songs, inc the one by the fat burd from the Mamma's and Pappa's, nearly broke me. 

Jeez, you nappy changers have some great times ahead.

This is definitely a PTTGOMN but I think it's more appropriate in here. Does anyone else have a family member/s with kids who seem to forget they have kids? My sister-in-law gets on my tits with this. The pair of them (her and partner) seem to think that they are hard done by because "they never get out on their own": they have 3 kids ranging from 3 to 11. They are well behaved but can obviously have their moments. It's too much to expect someone to take all 3 though. What makes me laugh is the complete amnesia that seems to effect her. They are hardly out every weekend but in the last year they've had at least 6 occasions where other people had their kids overnight. We recently had one overnight, we are having two overnight for TWO nights and then we were asked to have one in between for a night as they wanted to go out for his birthday (it's not an age worth celebrating). I told my Mrs to say no as we're doing enough. The thing with her is that she'll remember us saying no but will forget the previous favours which is what really pisses me off.

We went out for a meal for our anniversary the other week and my mum and dad watched Aila for a couple of hours. I commented that that was the first time we had been out just the two of us since the wee one was born (20 months). And our attitude is "welcome to parenthood, deal with it!"

I apologise for the rant but my Mrs is a bit of a softy and I don't like always ranting at her because although she agrees it's still her sister. But does anyone else have members who don't seem to realise being a parent takes over your life and your social life is put on hold somewhat for a couple of decades?!

I think if they've got three kids they're unlikely to forget.

Why not take all three for a night but then make it clear how big a deal it was (easy to do when you're being so generous).

I've no issue helping out when we can. It's almost as if it's forgotten we have our own kid now as well amd we still have the same flexibility we once had.

I don't grudge helping out, I just find some of the reasons laughable. For things such as hair appointments (a day or even hours notice I might add), nails etc. She's a stay at home mum and he works nights. I never understand how they can't work certain things round about that.

Anyone had their sperm frozen?

Been referred to the hospital for the snip, just thinking of having some frozen just in case.

Been referred to the hospital for the snip, just thinking of having some frozen just in case.
In case what, out of interest? Often wonder why folk do it. If you think you might want a child again then do you really want the snip in the first place?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Gaz said:

In case what, out of interest? Often wonder why folk do it. If you think you might want a child again then do you really want the snip in the first place?

Younger model later on, Shirley?

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
39 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Younger model later on, Shirley?

I expect that's part of the reason but if you want another kid you want another kid? You'd be doing that with your current partner?

It wouldn't go down well giving that reason to get out of the snip. Or her finding the milky ice cube in the back of the freezer.

I expect that's part of the reason but if you want another kid you want another kid? You'd be doing that with your current partner?
If you and your Mrs are dead set agaisnt more kids then the snip is a good solution. Condoms are shite and the pill long term isnt fair IMO on women.

But freezing some sperm perhaps puts some people more at ease with the finality of the solution. No one knows how things can change or evolve with their current partner never mind if they end up with someone else.

Fair enough. It's not supposed to come across as judgemental or opinionated, just genuine curiosity.
Yeah understood. I see where you are coming from. Fwiw I am waiting to hear about getting the snip and had never given any thought to freezing any. Not sure if I will. Perhaps I should discuss it with Mrs B..... Or maybe il wait to see what Gaz says!

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Ruggy can get booked in for the snip ASAP. No chance we are having another child. This pregnancy has been shite :lol: I've got a trapped nerve in my back and a muscle strain in my rib cage. Ive got the mobility of a 110 year old at the moment :(

Two is plenty. I think we are right on the cusp of the fighting starting. The wee one is starting to show a wee bit of interest in shoving/striking the big one back when she is throwing her weight about. Part of me is pleased about that, but it will escalate.  

Plus, having got past the colic, the night feeds, the weaning amd the still very fresh last batch of 12 months jags twice now, I know I dont have the patience to go back to the start a third time. 

Firing pin removed please. 

24 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Ruggy can get booked in for the snip ASAP. No chance we are having another child. This pregnancy has been shite :lol: I've got a trapped nerve in my back and a muscle strain in my rib cage. Ive got the mobility of a 110 year old at the moment :(

If you’re having an elective section they might clip your tubes.