Pregnancy And Parenting

I gave the wee one a kiss on my way to work today and after it, without me saying it first or her being prompted she said "ta ta" to me. She says that all the time but not off her own back like that.

Right lump in the throat moment for me. Left the house absolutely buzzing. Scary how quickly she's picking up on things and it won't be long until I'm having proper full on conversations with her.

I gave the wee one a kiss on my way to work today and after it, without me saying it first or her being prompted she said "ta ta" to me. She says that all the time but not off her own back like that.

Right lump in the throat moment for me. Left the house absolutely buzzing. Scary how quickly she's picking up on things and it won't be long until I'm having proper full on conversations with her.
When my 3 year old speaks to me it still blows my mind. Still, it means the cheek is not far away.

On a less serious note, I had mine at Auchingarrich. Seen all the animals, meerkats lemurs owls you name it. Feeding them, holding baby chicks etc etc. My sister asked the oldest one what she did today, her reply was "I went to the park and seen a seagull".

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When my 3 year old speaks to me it still blows my mind. Still, it means the cheek is not far away.

On a less serious note, I had mine at Auchingarrich. Seen all the animals, meerkats lemurs owls you name it. Feeding them, holding baby chicks etc etc. My sister asked the oldest one what she did today, her reply was "I went to the park and seen a seagull".

Took my two to Auchingarrich a few weeks ago, was brilliant.  The baby chicks were a highlight, as were the two friendly goats, getting photos with everyone.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just wait until she tells you to piss off for the first time.

Tears everywhere.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Took my two to Auchingarrich a few weeks ago, was brilliant.  The baby chicks were a highlight, as were the two friendly goats, getting photos with everyone.

Aye. The goats were described by BB1 as Crazy goats. That they were. 

Tough couple of days for Callan. After being sick on Wednesday night and waking up screaming and with disturbed breathing, we took him into A&E where they were worried he was showing symptoms of meningitis, which is a terrifying thing to hear about your child. He had a cannula fitted , blood and urine taken, was scanned and x-rayed and had a lumbar puncture and the end result following all the tests was no sign of meningitis- so far. He’s on a heavy course of antibiotics but improved loads last night, back to himself today - the improvement was so much they’ve let us go home early, which is a godsend.

Really worrying though and the cannula being fitted was probably the worst feeling I’ve ever had, horrible seeing your child in paint screaming and being held down. The thought of him having something like meningitis is also absolutely chilling.

54 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Tough couple of days for Callan. After being sick on Wednesday night and waking up screaming and with disturbed breathing, we took him into A&E where they were worried he was showing symptoms of meningitis, which is a terrifying thing to hear about your child. He had a cannula fitted , blood and urine taken, was scanned and x-rayed and had a lumbar puncture and the end result following all the tests was no sign of meningitis- so far. He’s on a heavy course of antibiotics but improved loads last night, back to himself today - the improvement was so much they’ve let us go home early, which is a godsend.

Really worrying though and the cannula being fitted was probably the worst feeling I’ve ever had, horrible seeing your child in paint screaming and being held down. The thought of him having something like meningitis is also absolutely chilling.

Horrible. Hope he's ok. Have they discovered what caused it or still investigating?

Horrible. Hope he's ok. Have they discovered what caused it or still investigating?

Still investigating but most likely a virus. Back in today for more antibiotics, hopefully know more then.

The results of untreated meningitis are absolutely horrendous, better safe than sorry.

Yeah, they really err on the side of caution with anything that could be that.m, which is the best thing of course.

Wee soul but glad nothing sinister and he’s feeling brighter. I’ve found when it comes to kids they don’t mess about, I’ve spend a fair bit of time in the now closed short stay kids Ward at RAH. 

5 minutes ago, Rowan said:

My pals wee boy had it and they left it to see if it cleared but in the end he had gromits fitted to help it drain. 

Gromits were mentioned but think they`d prefer an antibiotic injection in the ear .

My pals wee lad had loads ear infections and was forever on anti biotics. Totally fine now, he’s 5, gromits fell out and hearing totally fine.

maybe they want to try that first as gromits does mean a general anisthetuc.

4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

My pals wee lad had loads ear infections and was forever on anti biotics. Totally fine now, he’s 5, gromits fell out and hearing totally fine.

maybe they want to try that first as gromits does mean a general anisthetuc.

Thanks for the info Rowan .