Pregnancy And Parenting

Very seamless today. Certainly compared to the last labour for my wife anyway. George David Wilkie born at 15:24 weighing a 'healthy' 9 pounds 4 and 3/4. He's so different to our other boy but is absolutely beautiful. He's slept on my wife since he was born pretty much occasionally feeding and hardly made a peep. If only it was that simple [emoji23]. IMG_1485464233.618024.jpgIMG_1485464259.753259.jpgIMG_1485464276.426159.jpg

Congratulations to you both [emoji106]

The main reason for me wanting them close together is for the exact reason you highlighted: being able to do things with them they both enjoy. There's a 5 year gap between my oldest nephew and his younger brother (7 years between him and his youngest) and my oldest one isn't really interested in spending time with his brother as he's past that sit with toys stage. He would spend all day on his PS4 if he was allowed and his brother is too young to be able to play the computer. It's made me think I wouldn't want that gap. The flip-side again is that his mum found it easier to look after the younger one because the oldest was able to keep himself content/was at school.

Still, I think I'd still be inclined to choose the close together option with the hope my kids would be close growing up.

There's 7 years between me and my sister and it was the exact same. I wasn't interested in a baby when she was born. Unfortunately it didn't get any better for us as we got older. Her first year at primary was my first year at high school. Then by the time she was starting high school I'd left and gone to university.

There's only about 13 months between Mrs X and her sister. They're closer than I am with my sister but they're not particularly close. Think a lot of their childhood was spent fighting!

There's just over 2 years between ours and that's been pretty good so far,particularly when they were younger as they played together all the time.

2 hours ago, The Woolshed said:

Very seamless today. Certainly compared to the last labour for my wife anyway. George David Wilkie born at 15:24 weighing a 'healthy' 9 pounds 4 and 3/4. He's so different to our other boy but is absolutely beautiful. He's slept on my wife since he was born pretty much occasionally feeding and hardly made a peep. If only it was that simple emoji23.png. IMG_1485464233.618024.jpgIMG_1485464259.753259.jpgIMG_1485464276.426159.jpg

Many congratulations mate. 

1 hour ago, The Woolshed said:

Thanks everyone. Find it so weird going back to the house leaving Mum and baby in hospital. Guess all dad's from section babies will go through it. Just a weird feeling leaving at 9pm.

I got chucked out 9pm naturally too.  Crappest time ever but you will have 2 beautiful people waiting for you in the morning.  The buzz wearing off and trying to sleep is the hardest part! I got that twice in 13 days when we won the cup (I know) and my boy came less than two weeks later.  ❤️

Thanks everyone. Find it so weird going back to the house leaving Mum and baby in hospital. Guess all dad's from section babies will go through it. Just a weird feeling leaving at 9pm.

I'd get to your bed and make the most of having the bed to yourself and no baby to feed through the night! It'll be a long time before you get such a great opportunity to have a magic sleep again! [emoji106]

There are 19 years between my two nieces! It's a decent gap. I don't think there were many hand-me-downs left from number1 by time number 2 came along.

My sister's first marriage broke up. Her ex has also went off and had more kids. Meaning my eldest niece (now 25) has four brothers and sisters dotted around early primary school age. It's an odd state of affairs for sure.

I'd get to your bed and make the most of having the bed to yourself and no baby to feed through the night! It'll be a long time before you get such a great opportunity to have a magic sleep again! [emoji106]

In theory that sounds great, but I was coming home to my 16 month old Boy. Tbf, did get an alright sleep but up at 5:30 with Sam while he tears the house to shreds [emoji30]

I booked on a 3 day golfing holiday in Portugal 5 months after my daughter was born. Slept like a log.

I would highly recommend it.

8 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Anyone else had problems getting kids to stop swearing?

My 5 year old's current favourite thing is the Robbie Williams song "Motherfucker". It's a novelty. Acknowledge the first one, explain that it's not what you expect to hear from him/her again then ignore it until they get bored and stop. 

We were very lucky with our son as didn't swear in front of us at all when he was young.

Untill.....

He's a big Star Wars fan so he he'd been on you tube a lot watching clips and stuff on the characters and actors. His fave was Mace Windu who's played by Samuel L Jackson. You can guess where this is going.

Hearing a 9 year old yell 'f**k you, motherfucker' to his mum remains one of the most shocking and funniest parts of parenthood. We were too busy creasing ourselves to tell him off straight away.