Pregnancy And Parenting

Under a week until baby number 2 arrives. Planned section later in the week. Slightly nervous at having a 16 month old and a newborn but will just have to manage [emoji2]

That's the gap that my 2 are. 3 months into it and it's a riot at times!

I'm slightly surprised you can have babies that quickly. My daughter is 9 months and my wife has only just started her first period. Starting to wonder if that's abnormal as I've just remembered my step siblings have only 11 months between them, so my step mother would have been pregnant within two months of giving birth.

Everyone is different and you can be fertile without period having started. 

I had 3 in 4.5 years and then left husband when youngest was 18 months. Turns out he was the one creating most of the work!

Ben and Maisie-Grace have 19 months between them and apart from Ben giving her a wee shady on the first day home he has been great with her,our daughter is involving him in a lot so he is not left out.One thing worries me is I am getting too involved in his life and a few times lately he has called me dada.He will never know his sperm donor and for that I feel heart felt sorry for him.

Ben and Maisie-Grace have 19 months between them and apart from Ben giving her a wee shady on the first day home he has been great with her,our daughter is involving him in a lot so he is not left out.One thing worries me is I am getting too involved in his life and a few times lately he has called me dada.He will never know his sperm donor and for that I feel heart felt sorry for him.

You're obviously doing good if he see's you as dada though. I've got a step daughter along with my 2 kids and she slips up calling me dad. To me it just shows I'm heading in the right direction.

The wee one has a heid like concrete, because of her hemiplegia her feet sometimes can't keep up with everything else and over she goes. Actually a small incline or absolutely anything that can throw her off ballance generally puts her over.
Again because of the hemiplegia she can only put one hand out to save herself so sometimes, if the floor is polished, she slides along and ends up in the superman position on the floor. However if that hand doesn't slide she tips over and the head gets it. She fell at nursery yesterday and came home with a red mark on her nose then she fell again today and cried herself into a vomit.
Does it slow her down, nope, runs everywhere and sometimes she stays upright!
Daft bugger.

...and cried herself into a vomit.

Does. My. Head. In. Seriously frustrates me when she does this, though in her defence it's not often. I get frustrated at the fact it results in her upsetting herself even more. Can't complain though as she is genuinely such a content wee bugger. Speaking of which, couldn't help but think this is the new Face Palm to replace Patrick Stewart:-

5888a0a796aca_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

:lol:

On the gap front. I'm broody as feck and would have another tomorrow if I could but I don't know what the best plan of action is. Another one soon and have them close together age wise or enjoy Aila for a few years then bring another onto the scene.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Does. My. Head. In. Seriously frustrates me when she does this, though in her defence it's not often. I get frustrated at the fact it results in her upsetting herself even more. Can't complain though as she is genuinely such a content wee bugger. Speaking of which, couldn't help but think this is the new Face Palm to replace Patrick Stewart:-

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1485349025.884916.jpg

:lol:

On the gap front. I'm broody as feck and would have another tomorrow if I could but I don't know what the best plan of action is. Another one soon and have them close together age wise or enjoy Aila for a few years then bring another onto the scene.

There's all sorts of arguments both sides. Mine are close, son is 8, daughter 5, 6 in April, and loony tunes is 4 in couple of weeks. They play really well together, usual niggles. The age closeness means can do things that interest them all. where as I know someone with 11 yr gap so entertaining a toddler and a teenager harder.

Cost of child care can be a factor for some people, waiting until older one entitled some free hours.

my third was a surprise but had she not come when she did she wouldn't be here.

i was really broody when my first turned one but I held off trying for another 6 months in part so I could get through probation period at work.

only you can and partner will know when's best for you. @Skyline Drifter I think has 51 weeks between his two!

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

There's all sorts of arguments both sides. Mine are close, son is 8, daughter 5, 6 in April, and loony tunes is 4 in couple of weeks. They play really well together, usual niggles. The age closeness means can do things that interest them all. where as I know someone with 11 yr gap so entertaining a toddler and a teenager harder.

Cost of child care can be a factor for some people, waiting until older one entitled some free hours.

my third was a surprise but had she not come when she did she wouldn't be here.

i was really broody when my first turned one but I held off trying for another 6 months in part so I could get through probation period at work.

only you can and partner will know when's best for you. @Skyline Drifter I think has 51 weeks between his two!

51 and a half weeks! 361 days.

Gosh I haven't been in this thread for months. I used to never be away from it. Mine will turn 8 and 7 in about 3 weeks. Both doing great. Younger one loves his football and will be a mascot at the Dundee United cup semi final the week of his birthday. Older one doesn't like football but he does like his Star Wars.

[mention=106]Skyline Drifter[/mention] I think has 51 weeks between his two!

The main reason for me wanting them close together is for the exact reason you highlighted: being able to do things with them they both enjoy. There's a 5 year gap between my oldest nephew and his younger brother (7 years between him and his youngest) and my oldest one isn't really interested in spending time with his brother as he's past that sit with toys stage. He would spend all day on his PS4 if he was allowed and his brother is too young to be able to play the computer. It's made me think I wouldn't want that gap. The flip-side again is that his mum found it easier to look after the younger one because the oldest was able to keep himself content/was at school.

Still, I think I'd still be inclined to choose the close together option with the hope my kids would be close growing up.

On 1/23/2017 at 16:48, Rowan said:

Everyone is different and you can be fertile without period having started. 

I had 3 in 4.5 years and then left husband when youngest was 18 months. Turns out he was the one creating most of the work!

Sorry Rowan but that made me :lol::lol:

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

51 and a half weeks! 361 days.

Gosh I haven't been in this thread for months. I used to never be away from it. Mine will turn 8 and 7 in about 3 weeks. Both doing great. Younger one loves his football and will be a mascot at the Dundee United cup semi final the week of his birthday. Older one doesn't like football but he does like his Star Wars.

Sorry for not contributing in a few months.  Mines are just under 11 months apart, love each other's company and it's brilliant.  Ailie turned 18 months a couple of weeks back Arthur's up crawling already.  We got them one of they push bike pram things but a double one.  They love it 

IMG_0049.JPG

Very seamless today. Certainly compared to the last labour for my wife anyway. George David Wilkie born at 15:24 weighing a 'healthy' 9 pounds 4 and 3/4. He's so different to our other boy but is absolutely beautiful. He's slept on my wife since he was born pretty much occasionally feeding and hardly made a peep. If only it was that simple [emoji23]. IMG_1485464233.618024.thumb.jpg.242f5d67IMG_1485464259.753259.thumb.jpg.7ef4e59cIMG_1485464276.426159.thumb.jpg.0c87c8dc