Pregnancy And Parenting

29 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I was induced but straight to drip and had them within 4hrs!

I had 3 pessary things shoved up there that did f**k all. Waters broken Saturday morning as I think they felt sorry for me. (I was like Rachel from friends seeing all these women in after me and giving birth before me). Then went onto that evil drip 10am Saturday for what felt like days :lol: before the awkward wee thing came out the sun roof! 

Wife just called me, the test is positive.
We both never expected this, but f**k hey, lets do it.
Love you all..... 

Good news. Congrats
Our daughter is in hospital now getting induced 

Grandad again? Congrats
I'm now in the home stretch to being a dad with 10 weeks to go.

The reality of it all is starting to sink in now. I keep having crazy dreams about the baby - losing him/her out in the garden, getting people to help me look after him/her when I'm out and about it not going well and just generally starting to shit myself.

Just don't tell anyone about the book of now acceptable jokes to tell. Remember to burn after reading too. Dad jokes are great.

In seriousness. Just make sure you help out. Women love to talk about how much the partner does. Just dont be the one they call a lazy dick and youll be fine

41 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I had 3 pessary things shoved up there that did f**k all. Waters broken Saturday morning as I think they felt sorry for me. (I was like Rachel from friends seeing all these women in after me and giving birth before me). Then went onto that evil drip 10am Saturday for what felt like days :lol: before the awkward wee thing came out the sun roof! 

I was in recovery for 36hrs after my third as I had a balloon keeping my insides in having lost most my blood. 

all the c-section mums were in and out in no time, we laughed about that same Friends episode. At least I'd had the baby.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Understandable pre-match nerves, Dindy.  Plus it's the final trimester and yer Mrs is about to go tonto if she hasn't already started.  Hold your nerve, be endlessly polite and supportive, plan the route from the hoose to the maternity unit and stock up on raspberry tea and chicken Madras*

Once the wee yin arrives you'll be utterly mesmerised.  Wee weans are just sublime and the most entertaining thing ever.  18 years on and my three still fascinate me.  BTW they are much more resilient than you think and tend not to get lost, stolen or damaged so relax - though I understand your angst.  

*Spicy food, raspberry tea and a length of boaby is meant to induce labour.  Probably a wifey tale but it's also a decent Friday night.

Slipping a length isn't a wifey tale at all and has some sound scientific backing. The rest are a bit more suspect though. 

Baby Evie is sitting on Granny's knee, valiantly attempting to unscrew a child proof cap so she can get another dose of Calpol.

Prior to that she was attempting to drill the syringe through the lid.

Edited by Jacksgranda

My daughter's now on week 5 of 18weeks of chemotherapy and all is going as well as we could have hoped for. No side effects although she's starting to lose some of her hair but no nausea or sickness thankfully.

Blood results have so far been good enough for the Pediatrician to allow her home between weekly injections although we have to be wary of exposing her to people infected with colds/flu etc.

Like I said previously, we won't get an "all clear" for 5 years but our wee fighter is doing well thus far.

Apologies, I don't mean to change the mood of this thread. 

mitene6437b811-7c56-4f25-8836-2727fa6840f0.jpg

miteneAC6AA384-F392-45F5-A00D-FC540ECD4575.jpeg

Edited by sjc

IMG_1484646570.657744.jpg

So yesterday this little chunk giggled for the first time!

The best sound in the world is a giggling bairn [emoji846]

My daughter's now on week 5 of 18weeks of chemotherapy and all is going as well as we could have hoped for. No side effects although she's starting to lose some of her hair but no nausea or sickness thankfully.
Blood results have so far been good enough for the Pediatrician to allow her home between weekly injections although we have to be wary of exposing her to people infected with colds/flu etc.
Like I said previously, we won't get an "all clear" for 5 years but our wee fighter is doing well thus far.
Apologies, I don't mean to change the mood of this thread. 
mitene6437b811-7c56-4f25-8836-2727fa6840f0.jpg
miteneAC6AA384-F392-45F5-A00D-FC540ECD4575.jpeg

Pretty confident I'm speaking for the whole of P&B here when I say we're all rooting like f**k for her!

Mon wee SJC-Jnr! ????????

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The best sound in the world is a giggling bairn emoji846.png

Pretty confident I'm speaking for the whole of P&B here when I say we're all rooting like f**k for her!

Mon wee SJC-Jnr! 

Thanks mate. Appreciate that. Am sure Sakura will too :)

PS  Agreed. Nothing warms your heart like the sound of a giggling bairn!