Pregnancy And Parenting

Bump!

Swarley Jnr No2, aka Alexander Ryan, arrived at 01:22 on 4th December. Weighing in at 3.72kgs he was a bit lighter than his older sister. :thumsup2

The Wife started to feel a bit of cramping at 6pm on Wednesday, continued through the night but too infrequent to be classed as proper contractions (her words not mine).

I got woken up at midnight to be told that we had to go to the hospital NOW. Contractions in full swing now and coming fast. I wake up Swarley Jnr No1 and drop her off at a nearby friend's house. Race home to pick up wife and head to hospital. I think we arrived there about 12:30, they called the OB at about 1 and Baby had arrived by 1:22. No pissing about here!

Now the fun begins, it's been three years since we've had to swaddle etc. I cannot remember what to do!

Just over 2 years ago. Frack!

Wee one had her first lot of immunisations today. Her cry when she was being injected was comfortably one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life. Real lump in my throat watery eyed moment. I always thought I'd be quite tough in those situations but by f**k I was taken aback. I know it wasn't doing her any harm but considering she's such a content wee soul it was pretty shocking for me to see her in such a state.

I'm now a soppy dad it would appear!

I remember that, the look I got was why are you just standing there? Stop them!

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

Wee one is loaded with the cold and it is absolutely heart breaking to see her cough, choke and splutter whilst being able to do the square root of f**k all about it. 

I've spent many hours in a steam filled bathroom. Not much else you can do.

Wee one had her first lot of immunisations today. Her cry when she was being injected was comfortably one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life. Real lump in my throat watery eyed moment. I always thought I'd be quite tough in those situations but by f**k I was taken aback. I know it wasn't doing her any harm but considering she's such a content wee soul it was pretty shocking for me to see her in such a state.

I'm now a soppy dad it would appear!

When my daughter got her jags she was tremendous, never made a sound but as soon as she was jagged she stared absolute daggers at the nurse. I'm pretty sure she'd have booted her in the pie if she could've.
So proud!

It was a sad day all round when I first realised I needed to stop carrying the wean around on my shoulders. Was one of his favourite things.

Thankfully I can still flip him upside-down with one hand and tickle him with the other. He'll be 11 next year, so hopefully he grows out of it before he realises his old man has muscles like knots on a midge's penis.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It was a sad day all round when I first realised I needed to stop carrying the wean around on my shoulders. Was one of his favourite things.

Thankfully I can still flip him upside-down with one hand and tickle him with the other. He'll be 11 next year, so hopefully he grows out of it before he realises his old man has muscles like knots on a midge's penis.

I love it when Ben raises his arms up when he wants up,our daughter has kittens when I throw him up and catch him.She must have been told about my goalkeeping skills.

26 minutes ago, banana said:

Can't imagine there being a day I don't pick them up. Could be some embarrassing 18th birthday parties.

My eldest will be 18 next week and is about 5'10 so I can't fling her in the air as I did when she was 2 or 3.  Still my wee lassie, though.

Wee one was a but unsettled last night. She usually goes to sleep around 11/12 but it took her until 1am this morning to doze off. She then woke up at 1:30. PM. :lol: I think I've produced the laziest baby in the world. I absolutely love this child :D

In The Night Garden is need to watch viewing,i have been signed off work with stress and having the wee man staying with us has been a god send.

15542120_970615033044685_8046531953951420353_n.jpg

Seemed like In The Night Garden was on constantly in my house a few years ago. The bairn used to go mental in her bouncy chair when Makka Pakka came on. That theme tune never leaves you either.

ETA: I think the folk that made it took a shitload of drugs.

I was planning two as well, I've got three!

Theres 2.5 between first and second and 22 months between second and third. It's nice as they will play together. Bedtimes when I first was single mum with (left husband when weest 15months) them was a juggle but getting there now. Youngest can be jealous of other two getting cuddles and attention.

Way birthdays work out only going to be a yr between younger two at school. Weest is February but is more than ready for school. The school are in for a shock when she arrives next year!

55 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I was planning two as well, I've got three!

Theres 2.5 between first and second and 22 months between second and third. It's nice as they will play together. Bedtimes when I first was single mum with (left husband when weest 15months) them was a juggle but getting there now. Youngest can be jealous of other two getting cuddles and attention.

Way birthdays work out only going to be a yr between younger two at school. Weest is February but is more than ready for school. The school are in for a shock when she arrives next year!

There's only 13 months between the youngest 2 grandsons but one's in P3 and his wee brother is in P1.

Wee sister won't be there for another 4 years.