Pregnancy And Parenting

22 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Went down to start emptying our daughters flat and surprise surprise the junkie scum next door ran for cover,still it is great have the wee man staying with us.

15073488_940439272728928_3116159686726932298_n.jpg

I've got that t-shirt:lol:

Grandson is now out the incubator, still in neonatal though but making progress. He is currently 4lb 10oz. Daughter is feeding him herself though so hopefully the extra nutrients that provides will help him along.

The other week whilst the wife was off work she done up the wee mans bedroom at our house, his face was an absolute picture when he seen it! He loved it that much that he persuaded his own Mum to come visit the house from Glasgow so he can show her his room.

Sounds awkward but thankfully all the issues we've had over the years are gone and there is a nice sense of cooperation. Discussing how the wee man is getting on at school and in sports between the 3 of us was nothing we could have imagined 3 years ago when I had access stopped over Christmas on the back of me and the misses getting engaged. 

I may have lost over £2000 in legal fees, slipped into a depression and had a horrible Christmas in 2013, Birthday in 2014 (me and the wee mans a day apart) and Father's Day 2014. But we remained strong and kept in there for the wee mans sake when it would've been easier to give up. Whilst we can't forget what happened, we have to move on for the wee mans sake and the sight of me walking in the house after work on Friday to see the weans mum sitting on the couch having a coffee with my wife and the wee man running to me to give me a cuddle was a huge deal! Here's hoping it stays this way 8)

Love this picture of the wee yin. 9 1/2 years old, not quite a wee man anymore!

IMG_9528.PNG

I thought that was Gary Oliver for Morton in the poster :lol:

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If only they were like this all of the time!

37ce884e9c2ae63a639148fcb930f467.jpg

The two youngest grandsons are fighting the bit out at the moment. Not good for Jacksgranny's blood pressure, which is currently making her ill (headaches and nausea/vomiting). Or mine, for that matter

42 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

All's peace and quiet now. They've had their dinner, currently having their pudding, one is watching a Disney fim on the tv, the other is playing on the phone.

Thank the Lord they're awa'.

10 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Aye my 3 no long since away also, am drained.  At least I had the good sense to hide the talcum powder from the boys this time :lol:

:lol: My step daughter could tell you a tale about that!

We had a brief (an hour or so) power cut tonight which made me think. We've no gas, fortunately had some ready made milk, but if it was as long as it has been before here - up to 36 hours - wtf would we have done? Anyone else experienced something like that?