I've a feeling that last minute goal saved him.
1. Too slow. Insisting on the passing game. Making Perry triangles is fine but but goes nowhere. The slowness allows the opposition to organise.
2. Forward passes go to a player with his back to goal and a defender up his back. Should be passing into space, keeping the opposition moving.
3. Lack of mobility. A static player is easy to mark. More movement into space needed.
4. Single 'Striker' does not work for us. Sheerins comments that he wants to see goals come from all areas off the park, and the fact that our combined strike force have scored one league goal, indicates he wants to play a false 9. That's fine but, other than Nesbitt, there is no contribution from the midfield. Out with Morrison, our top scorer is Dixon!
5. It was noticeable that we began to get into more attacking positions and came back from behind when Two went up top. One up top is bread and butter for two centre halves. Going one in one with them asks questions.
6. We were promised attacking football. Two holding midfielders is not attacking football. Krasniqi playing as the single holding midfielder is what we needs. He can break up the play and do the simple pass. With him sitting in front of the two centre backs, he drops in to form a three when we are defending and steps forward when attacking. Like Fernandinho at Man City, not comparing Krasniqi to him but you get the idea.
7. The single, and capabke, holding midfielder allows Telfer to move further foward. Before the meltdown last seas on he was one if our most effective attacking options from deep. It allows the full backs to become proper wing backs. Krasniqi sitting allows Dixon and McKay to cover the full back areas when they drive forward.
8. Learn how to counter the deep lying opposing midfield and defence. If they are sitting deep, drop back into your own half and force them to come forward. Then go over the top into space behind. It's long ball football but it works when a team wants to play 10 behind the ball and let you pass yourselves to death.
9. Mutch. You can kick the ball long from hand. A pass to your full back does retain possession but it allows the opposition to get back and reorganize. Try a bit of variety.
10. STOP the constant back Passing. Yes, you retain possession but it goes nowhere. Try gambling more with forward passes. Yes you will lose possession more but possession does not win games. Getting in the box breeds goals. Drive forward, lose possession and then press to get it back further up the field. Passing it across the back four is rubbish to watch and does not win games.
Bit of a rant but it's honestly getting boring to watch and each week of this makes the garden centre seem more appealing