Ayr FC (1884-1888), Ayr Parkhouse (1888-1910), Ayr United Reserves (1910-1926)
Ayr FC moved to Beresford Park, adjacent to Burns Statue Square, from Springvale Park in 1884, and after only four years at the top of the town, Ayr FC moved to Somerset Park, as an alternative venue was required for a 'glamour friendly' for FA Cup holders, Aston Villa, as Beresford Park was already booked for the annual Ayr cattle show (the image below shows sheep grazing on the park at Beresford Park pitch).
Ayr Parkhouse moved in after Ayr FC moved out and stayed there until the two clubs merged in 1910. Following the merger, Beresford Park was used by Ayr United for training and reserve games (I think the club may have played some first team games there as well).
The ground was closed in 1926, and then demolished. In 1936, ODEON opened there first Scottish cinema on the site, which still stands there today.
Ayr FC (1888-1910), Ayr United (1910- )
In 1888, Ayr FC moved north of the River Ayr to Somerset Park, taking the Grandstand and club house from Beresford Park with them. In 1896, Ayr FC transformed Somerset Park to 'improve athletics provisions' by incorporating a running track. This remained the same until 1924, when the club remodelled Somerset Park to have a new stand (the main stand that still stands today) and to run parallel to Tryfield Place. In 1933 a roof was constructed over the Railway End and split into two sections, male and female.
No further changes where made to Somerset Park until 1970, when floodlights where added and inaugurated with a friendly with Newcastle United, which Ayr United won 2-0. A year later, a new roof was erected over the Somerset Road End, and this time was opened with a 1-1 draw with Sunderland.
In 1989, the club added an extension on to the main stand, now known as 'The Panda Pen' or 'The Family Stand' and in the 1990's the hospitality suite was built on the North Terrace.
The North Terrace in the 1950's.
An uncovered Somerset Road End in 1965.
The main stand after a Graham penalty seals the three points for Ayr over Dunfermline in the Division 1 clash in 1975.
The Somerset Road End celebrates a 2-0 win over Aberdeen in 1975.
The North Terrace, without the hospitality suite on it, in 1985 against Brechin City.
A packed main stand in 1988 for the Second Division trophy presentation.
The North Terrace in 1999, with the hospitality suite (now the Ally MacLeod Hospitality Suite) on it, during a very famous 3-0 Scottish Cup win over Kilmarnock.
The Family Stand in 2012.
The Railway End in 2013.