Jump to content

tommyboy

Gold Members
  • Content count

    2,287
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

tommyboy last won the day on January 29

tommyboy had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,241 Excellent

2 Followers

About tommyboy

  • Rank
    First Division Regular

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • My Team
    Scotland

Recent Profile Visitors

10,581 profile views
  1. West Region summer transfer thread 2018

    Yup,my mistake as he was of course with Clyde when the incident happened. Interesting though that you're sure of the percentage of Accies fans who were 'delighted' at his signing as I'm sure he's a guy who has always divided opinion amongst Accies fans. I don't think there's any doubt that in his two terms at Accies Imrie has indeed given sterling service to the club,but,as I suggested earlier,his original signing ,following the incident mentioned ,was not one that was welcomed by everyone.
  2. West Region summer transfer thread 2018

    Shades of the incident back in 2006 when,after a horrendous tackle by Ayr United's Dougie Imrie,a young Ross McCabe left a promising Senior career and almost his life ( he 'died' twice ) on the turf of NDP. Emotions,understandably,ran high for some time after the event so when Billy Reid signed Imrie for Accies a couple of seasons later,it was a move considered by some as, at best,ill-judged. I never quite got ma napper round that signing.
  3. Music Chinese Whispers

    Don Williams - Listen To The Radio
  4. Procycling thread

    Phew,that's a relief as it means that we can now look forward to the pre-race favourite for the latest Sky Tour going on to claim another victory while the usual under achievers struggle in his wake. https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a22038157/uci-chris-froome-doping/
  5. Auchinleck Talbot 2018/19

    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition,glens Incidentally,I'm told(could be wrong) that in 1939 Roseberry Park was sited in Glasgow,as was 75% of Shawfield Stadium with the remaining 25% in Rutherglen,
  6. Internet overuse problem

    Smartphones: The Dark Side,a Panorama investigation into this very subject,screened last night and currently available on catch up,is worth a watch. Eta..Just noticed that Trackdaybob mentioned the above programme.
  7. The Scourge of Amateur Football

    ^^^^^ Exactly this. The saved message proves that the player says that he was made an offer,it doesn't prove that he was made such an offer.
  8. Dundee United 2018/2019

    Tannadice '87 has just begun on BBC Alba.
  9. Fixtures 2018/19

    Admittedly some time since I last saw the guy at a game (possibly at the Beltane a couple of seasons ago) and,tbqh, if someone had suggested at that time that he would go on to be the arm wrestling champ up at the Towers,I would have been genuinely surprised.
  10. Fixtures 2018/19

    If only there had been some sort of job description,bud.
  11. Music Chinese Whispers

    Conway Twitty - Fifteen Years Ago
  12. Fixtures 2018/19

    They received offers that they couldn't refuse? Or,they just accepted that,as some cynic suggested,the position had been created just to keep wee Scott in employment.
  13. Fixtures 2018/19

    Probably because they were unaware that he actually carried out any other duties,glensmad. What exactly were these other duties,bud?
  14. Fixtures 2018/19

    Proof,if needed,of just how hopeless the previous incumbent was. Just as well wee Scotty doesn't do embarrassment.
  15. Boxing Thread

    On the evidence of those scorecards it looks like Postol had to knock him out to get a draw.
×