Astroturf Causes Cancer?

Well one type might.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-huge-scandals-happening-right-now-weve-been-ignoring_p2/

(Scroll down to number 5)

A bunch of high school and college level players are getting cancer in America and the majority are keepers and they've all spent most their lives playing on 'crumb rubber' astroturf. A worrying trend.

Uh-oh. Hopefully Mulraney's moving our hoard of riches into Swiss bank accounts even as we speak.

Harry94 - you sure it's not a different type of rubbers that you've been guzzling? :P

Well one type might.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-huge-scandals-happening-right-now-weve-been-ignoring_p2/

(Scroll down to number 5)

A bunch of high school and college level players are getting cancer in America and the majority are keepers and they've all spent most their lives playing on 'crumb rubber' astroturf. A worrying trend.

Played on this every lunchtime in school for 5 years.

f**k.

Former Aberdeen strike Arild Stavrum wrote a book a couple of years ago, decent crime fiction called "Exposed at the Back". That book mentioned the link between recycled tyres and the long term effects.

A quick google turned up this article where he talks about it.

Thanks for taking 30 seconds to respond.

Good God man, don't anger them.

Ask nicely here and see if that gets you further.

Edit: still wondering why Harry94's been horsing down handfuls of rubber shavings like the kid at school who ate worms :P

Good God man, don't anger them.

Ask nicely here and see if that gets you further.

Edit: still wondering why Harry94's been horsing down handfuls of rubber shavings like the kid at school who ate worms :P

Seems to be just you that's getting angry.

I slipped and slide tackled a guy on it by mistake last night and ended up face down on it.

Then the guy in question landed his full weight on top of my head and my face got buried/scraped along it.

Been picking the rubber bits out my skin for about 12 hours. May need a skin graft.

I slipped and slide tackled a guy on it by mistake last night and ended up face down on it.

Then the guy in question landed his full weight on top of my head and my face got buried/scraped along it.

Been picking the rubber bits out my skin for about 12 hours. May need a skin graft.

Serves you right. It's for playing football on, not sexual hijinx.

Archived