P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

That's my team in!

After a disappointing 2015 with only 2 of the team contributing to the points tally, only 6 of last year's squad are retained. The excitement is now building for kick-off on the 1st!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to finalise my team over tonight + tomorrow.

Don't want to be sending team in with mins to spare like last year.

Lemmy + Srnicek were both on my shortlist so bit inconsiderate of them not to hang on another few days.

It'll be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

Welcome to the game Morph, and thanks for sending it in a usable format.

Which brings me to a point of note, as I know a lot of you will be keen to have the lists posted as soon as possible on the 1st.

It would really help if any submission I received from now on was in the following format:

Captain's Name (then whatever spiel you want)

Name 1 (then whatever spiel you want)

Name 2 (then whatever spiel you want) etc.

In other words: Captain at the top of the list, no numbers or extra spaces before their name, no extra lines between picks. I'm quite happy for you to add a spiel about each celeb, as it makes the whole thing more entertaining, but by doing the rest of these wee requests I can input into them all into Excel a lot quicker and have the analysis and lists up as early as possible. Correct spellings also save me a bit of time too.

This year I will definitely be here on the 1st. I've got a fair amount on for Hogmanay and into the morning of the 1st, but I'm at least in my hometown this time. So provided I haven't been left with a mountain of work to do to pull it together, I'll be hoping to post the lists around mid-afternoon.

Can youth confirm receipt of my later message with my captain's name I forgot on my original squad list.

Just PM'd my list for this year. Hopefully better than this year than the 1 hit by that guy with the big nose out of Happy Days. Got rid of half my team. This year skirting relegation and just like Leicester City I hope to change this and challenge for the title in 2016. Not bloody likely. :(

1. The Liz Taylor Rule - No, not that one. If the person is a relative of a famous person, is he or she also a celebrity? I'm going to go simple with this one; does the person have their own genuine wikipedia or full IMDB page? No, then no dice
Is this rule specifically for 'dodgy' relatives ?
I have two people short-listed who are known in their own right and whose death would generate a UK Obit but neither of which have personal Wiki or IMDB pages!?

Is this rule specifically for 'dodgy' relatives ?
I have two people short-listed who are known in their own right and whose death would generate a UK Obit but neither of which have personal Wiki or IMDB pages!?

Yes. If they're famous, they're famous regardless of a wiki or IMDB page. If they're a relative with any dubiety, they need one of those to justify it.

Can youth confirm receipt of my later message with my captain's name I forgot on my original squad list.

If it says "read", it's been dealt with. If it doesn't, then it hasn't.

For your information, I haven't opened it yet. I've got 12 messages to work through and I'm not touching them right now as I don't want to make any drunken mistakes to the spreadsheet.

Archived