P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the team in few regular choices. It's like the lottery you get scared of changing it just in case.

How about a bit of corporate sponsorship so we have a prize at the end

Indeed. We should put the word out to undertakers and those dodgy funeral plan companies.

Get a free Parker pen just for enquiring.

Speaking of the inconvenience of someone like Srnicek dying two days before the new year starts, what happens if someone popular.... say Hungarian and not entirely human anymore, who's on a lot of lists from one year to the next, dies half an hour before midnight on Hogmanay? Is there a grace period for substitutions if someone dies that close to the start of the game?

Speaking of the inconvenience of someone like Srnicek dying two days before the new year starts, what happens if someone popular.... say Hungarian and not entirely human anymore, who's on a lot of lists from one year to the next, dies half an hour before midnight on Hogmanay? Is there a grace period for substitutions if someone dies that close to the start of the game?

It'll be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

First ever go at a Dead Pool, I think I've made the mistake of going for too many older folk who won't gather many points even if I have a high hit-rate. Still, it'll be fun. (Although not for those providing the points, I suppose)

Welcome to the game Morph, and thanks for sending it in a usable format.

Which brings me to a point of note, as I know a lot of you will be keen to have the lists posted as soon as possible on the 1st.

It would really help if any submission I received from now on was in the following format:

Captain's Name (then whatever spiel you want)

Name 1 (then whatever spiel you want)

Name 2 (then whatever spiel you want) etc.

In other words: Captain at the top of the list, no numbers or extra spaces before their name, no extra lines between picks. I'm quite happy for you to add a spiel about each celeb, as it makes the whole thing more entertaining, but by doing the rest of these wee requests I can input into them all into Excel a lot quicker and have the analysis and lists up as early as possible. Correct spellings also save me a bit of time too.

This year I will definitely be here on the 1st. I've got a fair amount on for Hogmanay and into the morning of the 1st, but I'm at least in my hometown this time. So provided I haven't been left with a mountain of work to do to pull it together, I'll be hoping to post the lists around mid-afternoon.

Archived