Talbots scottish cup replay

williebhoy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I missed this game today it looks like the punters where taken for a ride, you don't mind clubs making a wee bit of money but when clubs start ripping the p**h its well out of order.

What was wrong? Sounds like an exciting game where they got their money's worth- albeit it a little more cash than usual...

It can be set to anything (subject to a minimum of £5) if both clubs agree. It's when they don't agree that it will be set at normal home admission

As far as I'm aware the admission price has to be the same for both ties. We charged £15 v Dunfermline a couple of years ago. The clubs wanted to set the price at a tenner for the replay since it was midweek in December. SFA said no.

Glad I missed this game today it looks like the punters where taken for a ride, you don't mind clubs making a wee bit of money but when clubs start ripping the p**h its well out of order.

Who was ripping the pish? It was a very entertaining game, with value for money given. The fact that you couldn't make the game shouldn't take away from spectacle.

As far as I'm aware the admission price has to be the same for both ties. We charged £15 v Dunfermline a couple of years ago. The clubs wanted to set the price at a tenner for the replay since it was midweek in December. SFA said no.

Rule 40, posted earlier, makes no mention of replays. You would have hoped that if prices at replays have been an issue *and* the SFA have provided guidance, then they would have updated the rule book. But the phrase "swimming through treacle" springs to mind

I can see how the game would be exciting from a neutral perspective but as I'm not exactly a neutral I can't say I enjoyed it. Like they say of the curate's egg, it was good in parts.

I do enjoy visiting Lochburn park. I stayed just up the road from it for a while and my locals were on Maryhill road. You also get a fantastic view of the match from the elevated viewpoint.

Would imagine they are alluding to the £4 for a matchday programme that bsc decided to charge today.

Correct mate £4 for a programme is shocking especially when the normal price at junior games for a programme is £2 plus sticking an extra £4 onto the admission prices when the west charge £6 for league and cup games and BSC charge £7 for normal games is ripping it.

These games are cheaper to stage than junior cup ties as the SFA pays the officials expenses for the first 3 rounds saving both clubs money. plus both clubs are guaranteed sponsorship money which if I am not mistaken is about £2,500 each then add in the gate money.

The clubs do very well out of the Scottish without hiking prices and fleecing the fans.

Correct mate £4 for a programme is shocking especially when the normal price at junior games for a programme is £2 plus sticking an extra £4 onto the admission prices when the west charge £6 for league and cup games and BSC charge £7 for normal games is ripping it.

These games are cheaper to stage than junior cup ties as the SFA pays the officials expenses for the first 3 rounds saving both clubs money. plus both clubs are guaranteed sponsorship money which if I am not mistaken is about £2,500 each then add in the gate money.

The clubs do very well out of the Scottish without hiking prices and fleecing the fans.

You weren't "fleeced" though as you wasn't at the game ????????

Archived