Snow!

xbl

From my perspective, I would say it's about 60% up the kerb already, but that could be a little optimistic.

I am going to be so disappointed in the morning. :(

Edit: The BBC weather website says the wind is 2mph outside. That is a lie. The wind is mental.

Edited by Smurph

I want to go out and 'play' in the snow, although I know I'd regret this and complain about it being freezing. AHHHH! :D

I just went out and faffed about in the snow for a couple of hours like a big wean :D

I also gave in to my inner wean! After noticing the snow about half 11, walked into town, met my pal, had a wee snowball fight, and then built a snowman near Tesco! Considering that we made it at 1am, and that at that point, the snow was rapidly hardening into solid ice, We were pwoud, very pwoud. :D

Oh, and there is going to be more hip shaking than a 70's disco tomorrow. I just walked home, and the snow is freezing up, and getting slippy. Gritters seem to have done some of the roads, but the pavements are basically death. I expect to wake up tomorrow, look out my window, and see a sea of dead pensioners, all without hips.

Edited by xbl

Aberdeenshire Council were a disgrace this week. Main roads with no grit at all on them earlier in the week ( the main road between Dyce and Aberdeenshire, the A947 was totally untreated!) then they had the cheek to come on to Reporting Scotland at night and crow about how prepared they are.

p***ks

We are going to get these threats every fucking week until the salt runs out and the councils can't afford to buy anymore. It's a wee bit cold at the moment, Christmas is coming, the council workers will be topping up their money any chance they get doing overtime.

It's really not going to snow at all.

Aye, all those quotes were really relevant to North Lanarkshire Council and their gritting policy.

Like I predicted, there was no snow at all. What a waste of fucking money.

Heavy snow here as well. No gritters though. They are all out getting pished on their overtime. Useless b*****ds.

Edited by xbl

No more snow but today's high is -3 and everything is coated in a layer of ice.

Just as a matter of interest VT,how do the locals react to it all over there?

Do the TV news channels advise everyone against going out unless "It's really necessary?"

Do the local authorities have sufficient funds and manpower to provide road and pavement clearance of the snow?

Just as a matter of interest VT,how do the locals react to it all over there?

Do the TV news channels advise everyone against going out unless "It's really necessary?"

Do the local authorities have sufficient funds and manpower to provide road and pavement clearance of the snow?

They had snow watches out on Thursday over basically nothing, the roads and pavements seem to be salted and stay generally clear. Given it's forecast to be -7 by Tuesday I guess they're used to worse.