The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If we were going to replace Jim McInnes with Derek Goodwin, why the f*** didn't we do it last March instead of wasting a whole season with this attacking, attractive football philosophy shite?

Which has got us absolutely f****** nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Goodwin will be lucky to see out the season at the rate he's going. 

Before today, you could probably take enough positives from every one of his games to feel he will get us going in the right direction.  Tynecastle being the obvious exception.

However, he has to take his share of the blame for today.  Both managers clearly felt it being scrappy for 60/70 mins made sense - but it just had that vibe that it suited County more.  Also, why start Watkins in that case if he only had an hour in him? - he'd have surely been better as an impact player in a stretched game - as soon as I saw McLennan coming on for him, then I knew it was tatties.

Also given we now have a fortnight without a game, and know it's Betfred sections rather than Europe (wince!) - then is that not the time for negotiations with players/ statements etc............that nonsense happening this week seemed unnecessary ahead of a big game, but just a sign of how things are at AFC these days.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Before today, you could probably take enough positives from every one of his games to feel he will get us going in the right direction.  Tynecastle being the obvious exception.

However, he has to take his share of the blame for today.  Both managers clearly felt it being scrappy for 60/70 mins made sense - but it just had that vibe that it suited County more.  Also, why start Watkins in that case if he only had an hour in him? - he'd have surely been better as an impact player in a stretched game - as soon as I saw McLennan coming on for him, then I knew it was tatties.

Also given we now have a fortnight without a game, and know it's Betfred sections rather than Europe (wince!) - then is that not the time for negotiations with players/ statements etc............that nonsense happening this week seemed unnecessary ahead of a big game, but just a sign of how things are at AFC these days.

Being serious, it was always going to be a tough gig for JG going at this stage of the season. Aberdeen have probably underachieved for most of the season before he came in. To think by bringing in someone with not much experience or success was going to somehow turn things around, shows a level of naivety.  

Goodwin would have been better placed staying with us till the end of the season, and undoubtedly would have left us in the top 6.

His reputation would have been far greater for it. 

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Being serious, it was always going to be a tough gig for JG going at this stage of the season. Aberdeen have probably underachieved for most of the season before he came in. To think by bringing in someone with not much experience or success was going to somehow turn things around, shows a level of naivety.  

Goodwin would have been better placed staying with us till the end of the season, and undoubtedly would have left us in the top 6.

His reputation would have been far greater for it. 

Exactly this.

52 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Goodwin will be lucky to see out the season at the rate he's going. 

Add Machine gun mouth (does he ALWAYS talk that fast?) Robinson to that, list, who any time I do listen to him, seems to be throwing his team under a bus.

If either Saints or Aberdeen play St Johnstone first up, & lose, they’re deep in the shit. 

Can we just go back in time to when you were thinking of getting rid of Glass and just keep things until end of the season?

That way Saints and Dons would have been fighting for a European spot and not the playoff spot.

I fear that St J will put a run of results together and it all depends who can keep calm under pressure. 

Robinson has already told some of our squad they are not wanted next season which is fcuking mental management.

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Add Machine gun mouth (does he ALWAYS talk that fast?) Robinson to that, list, who any time I do listen to him, seems to be throwing his team under a bus.

If either Saints or Aberdeen play St Johnstone first up, & lose, they’re deep in the shit. 

No arguments from me,  "machine gun mouthpiece " is under pressure.  

I wanted Scott Brown or Naismith but was shot down by fellow Saints fans. 

Hindsight and all that.

11 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Robinson has already told some of our squad they are not wanted next season which is fcuking mental management.

Goodwin seems to have done the same at Pittodrie.

The Considine shambles, Jet reportedly leaving next week, another report leaked of 4/5 players told they won’t be back next season. 
Seems crazy with so many games to go. Surely you have to utilise whatever you can get from whats at your disposal until the summer?

It is possible also to argue that the team has got worse since Goodwin took over.

It’s too early to judge fairly, but there have to be early reservations and let’s be honest, Goodwin has achieved very little as a manager previously.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Why?

The run of form, performances and the general awfulness up front at the end of his time was as bad as anything we saw this season.

Just call it a hunch 

Was still the right decision 

Just sheer ineptitude from the club onwards

Still hopeful about Goodwin though 

27 minutes ago, Munoz said:

No arguments from me,  "machine gun mouthpiece " is under pressure.  

I wanted Scott Brown or Naismith but was shot down by fellow Saints fans. 

Hindsight and all that.

Aye, I don’t rate him at all. 
Not sure your choices would do any better though? 

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

32 0-0's gives you 32 points.

We had something like 49 points at this stage last season. If for arguments sake we say we’re equally blunt in attack this season then I think it’s fair to say that 4 clean sheets from 33 games this season and falling behind in nearly every game is the difference. 

Im not making any argument for him staying, but I’ve been banging the drum all season that we’d get nowhere with our inability to defend so I ain’t stopping now. 

49 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If there's one phrase that's really getting irritating it's this 'throwing under a bus' thing.

Goodwin even used it this week.

It paints a picture of people in football as these sensitive primadonnas that can't accept the cold hard reality that others need to in everyday life.

Does Goodwin really have to do anything other than pretend that lamentable performance was anything other than completely unacceptable for fear of upsetting the poor wee souls ahead of the last few matches?  He has to take a good look at himself today - tactics, motivation, gameplan, substitutions - all questionable for a 'must win' home game against a side on the fraction of our budget.

Edited by tarapoa

57 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking, we don’t want St Johnstone in the first few games. And it’ll be in Perth.