Snooker

RedWeb

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

This is just sad. I hope Williams just ends this now without needing another session.

Someone should ask John what the odds on that were.......

Guest DAVIDB69

Williams comes across a decent ordinary bloke any success Higgins has always sit uneasy with me.

However the old bloke final I don’t think does much for the game

Williams comes across a decent ordinary bloke any success Higgins has always sit uneasy with me.

However the old bloke final I don’t think does much for the game
Why does the 'old blokes final' not do much for the game?

Two of the greatest of all time, playing outstanding snooker throughout the fortnight?

There's no doubt that the Pelican, Williams and Higgins are three all-time greats, but I don't think it says much for the future of the game that the most successful player this season, and both finalists in the game's biggest event, are all stars who started twenty-odd years ago. We haven't had a World Champion under the age of thirty since 2010, and the up and coming players look nothing special. Hearn has done a lot for the sport but, for whatever reason, they are struggling to produce a new generation of players that will excite audiences.

Not watched any of this year's tournament sadly. When did Mark Williams go back to being Mark Williams and not Mark J Williams? Is it just me or is the white a bit creamy looking? Looks like both players going for the aggressive shots so this could end up being a cracking final session. If Higgins wins the first 3 then it's really game on.