Snooker

RedWeb

I think Higgins will be fairly pleased to have a lead. He was clearly tiring after his exertions last night so to have any lead at all will suit him now that he has more time to recover.

I think Higgins will be fairly pleased to have a lead. He was clearly tiring after his exertions last night so to have any lead at all will suit him now that he has more time to recover.
Definitely. Looked like he needs a good kip, can't imagine he would have slept well last night as he must have had a huge adrenaline rush after coming back to win. Wilson will be kicking himself as he spurned a lot of good chances, could easily have been him that had a lead this afternoon.

31 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

5-3 is a good score from 4-0 down. I'm sure at the mid session Wilson would have targetted 5-3. Hard to say who will feel the better of the two, probably Wilson.

It was 3-0 and 4-1. Don't think it was 4-0. I think both will be reasonably happy.

It was 3-0 and 4-1. Don't think it was 4-0. I think both will be reasonably happy.
Wilson threw away a couple of frames though, and Higgins looked fucked near the end.

The wizard will definitely be the happier of the two.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

While we are doing rules queries.... you are on the yellow but snookered... but have a free ball after your opponent fouled. You nominate blue, totally miscue... it bounces off the cushion and hits the yellow.

Foul or no foul?

You wouldn't be playing the colours, free ball has to be following a foul and therefore first shot of the visit. So you would always play red.

Basically you can nominate a colour which effectively becomes a red for the free ball. So you could nominate blue and play the blue onto a red potting the red, that would be perfectly legal.

On 02/05/2018 at 23:17, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't think Wilson is ready, yet, to compete with Higgins on this kind of form. Hawkins won't play that well again as I haven't bet on Williams.

I hope I'm wrong but I see Williams winning comfortably by five or six frames and Higgins winning with a session to spare.

On 02/05/2018 at 23:24, GiGi said:

I don't see either of those outcomes myself. Hawkins is very, very consistent in this event and will probably get over the line if he keeps making it to the last 4 with this kind of regularity. 

As for Wilson, I disagree with that - I think he is ready. He has the game, he's had the big match experience, he has the temperament. I think he's a class act on the verge of being one of the top 5 or  6 players in the world and he's only 26. He might still lose to Higgins and there's no shame in that but I think this is going to be by far the closer of the semis. He's everything that Trump should have been and will eclipse him in due time IMO.

Kens the score ^ ;)

8 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

John Virgo's overuse of the word "perfect" is deeply annoying.

Williams one behind at 10-9, just can't get in front. Not winning enough frames in one visit is his undoing.  

Williams steals frame 20 in one visit with a break of 62. :whistle

1 hour ago, meanmistermustard said:

Williams steals frame 20 in one visit with a break of 62. :whistle

But misses again in the final frame to keep the gap at 2. Hawkins is annoyingly consistent.

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

But misses again in the final frame to keep the gap at 2. Hawkins is annoyingly consistent.

Should have been level at the end of the third session but Williams keeps throwing in a terrible miss when he looks likely to win frames.  Hawkins is going to make me dislike him even more by winning and making me dread him beating Higgins in the final and the BBC proclaiming him as one of the best players ever at the Crucible when he would be in the same league as Ebdon and Dott. Would prefer Hawkins v Wilson as at least I wouldn't give a shit who won.

I'm working tonight and tomorrow and so will have to suffer the utter shit Britain's Got Talent and other pish on ITV.