Snooker

RedWeb

I dislike Trump because he's a jumped up wee dick. Let the fame of winning a couple of events go right to his head. Him oot pronto would be most pleasing.
Maybe that's the reason I don't like him. The wee bit during the interval last night mentioned that he bought a Ferrari when he was 22 that cost 30k to insure. Things like that scream of being a jumped up wee dick as you say!

McManus sounds a bit like a Glaswegian Steven Pressley.

I never noticed Thorne was away. Did he get the boot for any particular reason?

I see that Coventry City supporting ‘superfan’ is circumventing the strip ban with a retro trackie top this evening.
This afternoon it was a Sky Blues wristband that was on show.

Oddball.

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I see that Coventry City supporting ‘superfan’ is circumventing the strip ban with a retro trackie top this evening.

Oddball.

As already noted, clear sustained attention seeking from a middle aged man raging that he has to come up with new ways for people to notice him.

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Oddball.

Lol he does sound like Pressley. 

That Coventry guy sitting there every match is just weird! He gave Mark Allen a chewing gum or something yesterday....cringe.

That football top guy was in the news crying about the ban saying he was going to turn up wearing one anyway and they wouldn't turn away a proper fan. Not surprising he has bottled his decision, probably be wearing a Coventry FC jockstrap thinking he's a rebel in the later stages.

Is Carter still getting advice from Ebdon? I remember that in the news when he reached the 2012 final. Ronnie is playing utter shit at the moment, 7-3 down.

O'Sullivan is one of those players that if he was 7-3 up, you'd think it's game over. But it wouldn't be surprising if he ended up winning. Although he'll need to improve pdq.

I've not noticed Coventry man until now but I have seen the Strachan lookalike sitting near the partition. First noticed him about ten years ago and he's there pretty much every session I think. He's not an attention seeker, he just happens to look like a bit like a former footballer.

Reckon we're about to have a square-go in this O'Sullivan/Carter match
I also hadn't known about the football top ban for the crowd, and it's a fantastic decision.
O'Sullivan is such a p***k. He caused that aggro.

Come on Carter.

Neither of them like the other. Carter is an absolute dick and Ronnie can be too, especially when he's playing badly and losing.
Would be most amusing if the match was abandoned in a final frame decider due to the two kicking the shit out of each other whilst Dennis Taylor prattles on about the pressure at the Crucible.

10 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Neither of them like the other. Carter is an absolute dick and Ronnie can be too, especially when he's playing badly and losing.
Would be most amusing if the match was abandoned in a final frame decider due to the two kicking the shit out of each other whilst Dennis Taylor prattles on about the pressure at the Crucible.

Just a little bit of tension creeping in there he says as Carter's cue breaks over Ronnie's face

It was a disappointingly controversy-free interview from Ronnie there.

Bit shit for the tournament that he’s out. Equally it’s good for the tournament as it’s wide open now with Selby and Murphy out as well.

Ding or Higgins probably favourites now?

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

It was a disappointingly controversy-free interview from Ronnie there.

Bit shit for the tournament that he’s out. Equally it’s good for the tournament as it’s wide open now with Selby and Murphy out as well.

Ding or Higgins probably favourites now?

Mark Allen will be right in there too.

O'Sullivan was poor v Maguire with Maguire's complete lack of bottle being the reason why he got thru. However, whereas Maguire will go all out attack and lose, Carter will grind out frames, running for cover when he inevitably loses position. It's why Ebdon gets wet whenever Carter plays and was in his corner when he lost the final(s).
Should also never be forgotten that Carter has the shittest nickname is all sport - "The Captain". If ever there was a reason to despise a player and never need another reason.

Trump will be thrown in as well as a favourite.
Williams is in very good form and deserves to get a mention, tho he can easily have one dreadful session ending 7-1 down.

A very good chance that there'll be a new name on the trophy this year but it would be like the Federer/Nadal tennis final last year if it ended up being a Higgins/Williams final. I'm beginning to think Mark Allen might win it following his Masters win in January.