Snooker

RedWeb

Very pleasing Bingham has gone as he's dreadful to watch yet can win the long matches and go far. 

Would rather Robertson went thru instead of Milkins, tho if Milkins wins he'll be utter shit in the next round losing heavily. Produces one very decent result then looks like he is incapable of getting a 50 break.

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Heading up today. Got tickets for tomorrow afternoon and might see if there are any spares for Friday morning while I'm there. Would I be right in thinking that O'Sullivan is on table two on Friday morning?

He's definitely playing on Friday morning but I couldn't say for certain which table. I'm sure the Crucible box office will have an answer though. Enjoy!

21 hours ago, microdave said:

Good to see Robertson behind too. I'm not sure why but I just don't like him.

Same here. I've no idea why but I just can't take to him. Just need Ding to go out now.

I'm gonna say it. I would love to see Higgins win it again.  

52 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Trump is in a match :o 

8-8 with Wakelin.

As an aside, I'm really enjoying McManus' commentary. 

Trump bottle job?

Haven't seen much of it, just turned it on and already Taylor's pish is annoying me. Waffling on about match results between the two when many other ex-professionals have said such things mean next to nothing then goes on about not being able a  path to a certain red from a snooker before sticking up a line to it.  They got rid of Thorne for no doubt being a shit commentator who the game bypassed 15 years ago, Taylor should be going the same way.

I could listen to Alan McManus all day.

Could be a changing of the guards for BBC Snooker commentary. McManus, Hendry and Steve Davis are fantastic. As are Dave Hendon and Neal Foulds on Eurosport. Could do without John Virgo and Joe Johnson.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

4 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I could listen to Alan McManus all day.

Could be a changing of the guards for BBC Snooker commentary. McManus, Hendry and Steve Davis are fantastic. As are Dave Hendon and Neal Foulds on Eurosport. Could do without John Virgo and Joe Johnson.

I was delighted that Thorne got the boot. The rest, I'm fine with but the recent additions on BBC are improving it somewhat. Hendry and McManus particularly. 

I don't watch it on Eurosport. At all. I just don't like it. No particular reason. 

14 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I was delighted that Thorne got the boot. The rest, I'm fine with but the recent additions on BBC are improving it somewhat. Hendry and McManus particularly. 

I don't watch it on Eurosport. At all. I just don't like it. No particular reason. 

I'll normally favour Eurosport coverage. It depends if Joe Johnson is commentating, I think he's terrible; worse than Thorne.

Neal Foulds is particularly good. Jimmy White is also a very good pundit, but you'll have to stomach his dodgy wig and leather jacket.

I'm surprised how excellent a pundit Ronnie O'Sullivan is and usually joins the studio crew when he gets papped out a tournament with a few days to spare. Eurosport are very good at pre-match interviews, less formal than the BBC.

O'Sullivan is an excellent pundit. Given that you know he is you know trying to form a you know career for himself as a you know TV star, though, you'd think you know that someone could train him you know not to say "you know" every three you know seconds you know.

Of the ex-players who have recently started commentating Ebdon is annoying me a lot. If a player goes in-off Ebdon claims he is desperately unlucky whilst every half-decent pot is brilliant. No wonder Ebdon played on when requiring 42 snookers and took 3 weeks to compile a break of 5.

Edited by meanmistermustard

3 hours ago, microdave said:

The Trump match last night was edgy, nerve ridden edge of the seat stuff. Shame he won it though as he's another I dislike for absolutely no reason. 

I dislike Trump because he's a jumped up wee dick. Let the fame of winning a couple of events go right to his head. Him oot pronto would be most pleasing.