Snooker

RedWeb

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

...and now threatening not to attend the World Championships. We've heard it all before.

That old chestnut. He sounds like a broken record. I mean I love Ronnie the snooker player but then he starts talking....urgh. 

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

...and now threatening not to attend the World Championships. We've heard it all before.

He's been threatening for over a month. At one point he was possibly going to go into the jungle and miss tournaments, now he might film his TV show. Everyone has heard about it before and it doesn't raise much of an eyebrow now. I love watching him play but all the talk of not playing is a bore.

Although I wanted Higgins to win, it's always good to see someone new winning a tournament. Allen was good tonight and took his chances when he had to while limiting Higgins to only a few. I'm always a bit disappointed when it finishes before 10 as I enjoy some late night snooker drama!

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

Although I wanted Higgins to win, it's always good to see someone new winning a tournament. Allen was good tonight and took his chances when he had to while limiting Higgins to only a few. I'm always a bit disappointed when it finishes before 10 as I enjoy some late night snooker drama!

Yeah someone new winning makes it a refreshing  final tomorrow. Love the late matches but Higgins just bores me to tears regardless of how good he plays.

Yeah someone new winning makes it a refreshing  final tomorrow. Love the late matches but Higgins just bores me to tears regardless of how good he plays.
I think the main reason I like him is because he's the same age as me and he's Scottish.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuart Bingham commentating on the Astley v Muir match in the snooker shout-out.  Astley wins it by potting the back with three seconds on the clock yet Bingham sounds like he's had to watch one of his own boring as f**k matches.

The competition is pretty crap overall but can be exciting when it's down to the final seconds.