Snooker

RedWeb

Very fortunate win, Akani was very unlucky to pot the blue when trying to develop it in the previous round, had it gone close to the pocket, he would've won.

A bit dickish in the commentary box from Taylor referring to Ronnie as "the greatest of all time", when sat next to Hendry!

Maguire has had chances every frame so far today. He's not making the most of them. Ronnie punishing his mistakes.

Maguire looked very focused at the start, now just looks pissed off.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

???

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Haven't seen it, but Dott is always moaning about something or other. Assume he lost.

He was pissed off about not getting a tv table. Made the point about the Welsh and Irish boys getting preferential treatment at their home tournaments.

As one of only two active Scottish world champions I think he might have a point. It would have came off better if he wasn't papped out in the first round. 

Higgins, Maguire and McGill were all televised in the first round. I'm not sure if McManus was, I might have missed it. 

Maybe if Dott was less boring, he would get a TV table. The authorities have a job to do promoting the game. Nobody is going to be inspired to take up snooker after watching Dott play. Ebdon has won far more than Dott but he won't get a TV table at the English Open, barring a popular opponent, for the same reason.

He was pissed off about not getting a tv table. Made the point about the Welsh and Irish boys getting preferential treatment at their home tournaments.
As one of only two active Scottish world champions I think he might have a point. It would have came off better if he wasn't papped out in the first round. 
Higgins, Maguire and McGill were all televised in the first round. I'm not sure if McManus was, I might have missed it. 
I think he's got a reasonable gripe given that there wasn't a game on the TV table that session.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I think there's a half decent chance for every Scottish player in this round to progress too. Might be worth a few quid to back that.

Hardest ties will be Donaldson v Michael White and McGill v Ebdon. 

I think he's got a reasonable gripe given that there wasn't a game on the TV table that session.

Ah okay, that's different, then. Although I've no idea if any higher-rated players were similarly inconvenienced.

I'd be more sympathetic but Dott does always seem to be moaning about one thing or another, so even if he has a legitimate gripe, I'm likely to dismiss it.

Just heading home now. Left the house at 8am :lol: combined tickets of about £27 for the entire day and literally dozens of matches. Quality.

Higgins v O'Sullivan the obvious blockbuster tomorrow. Gutted I can't make it.