Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Checked it and...

Scotland puts in £27 billion and recieves £40 billion. Furthermore, due to differences within public systems which are not available in England and Wales, any Scot can expect to recieve around £19,000 spent upon their well-being and living, higher than what those down south recieve. :)

How do they work that out, on Gordon Browns calculator? :lol: Why don't they want rid of us then if we cost them so much and why does most parts of Scotland top the UK poverty league in your unionist utopia?

CLICK

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Migration of jobs will happen regardless of whether or not the Union is in place. It's not that relevent in that respect.

Indeed. I wasn't saying that. Migration of jobs is relevant in the fact that without the jobs Scotland will struggle. We are stronger due to the other 50 million people living down south who are paying for us.

Countries with a significant population which is ripe for the labor market such as China and India. Why pay workers in Scotland to do a job which can be done in a country where you can get cheaper labor? Due to the globalisation the location doesn't matter due to the profit made. ;)

I think Scotland has more to offer, don't you?

Why don't they want rid of us then if we cost them so much and why does most parts of Scotland top the UK poverty league in your unionist utopia?

CLICK

Because most people don't see England and Scotland as 'them and us'. Most people class themselves as at least partly British, i.e. we are all the same.

Indeed. I wasn't saying that. Migration of jobs is relevant in the fact that without the jobs Scotland will struggle. We are stronger due to the other 50 million people living down south who are paying for us.

:lol:

I think Scotland has more to offer, don't you?

Such as? And even if it can, why can't it do so from within the Union?

Because most people don't see England and Scotland as 'them and us'. Most people class themselves as at least partly British, i.e. we are all the same.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

How do they work that out, on Gordon Browns calculator? :lol: Why don't they want rid of us then if we cost them so much and why does most parts of Scotland top the UK poverty league in your unionist utopia?

CLICK

:rolleyes: We seem to think all our problems will be solved due to the oil and going alone. Do you think going it alone will make the poverty disappear? I can only assume that the poverty in Scotland is due to a lack of industry. Scotland is not unique in poverty within the UK. Go around some cities in England and you might see that the people there don't walk along on gold streets, they have the same issues as us. So what happens when your oil runs out and the industry isn't there? :rolleyes: Uh-oh...we'd be fucked like we were when James decided that he liked the nice throne down south when we were in the same position when the Union began.

Generally the world is becoming more globalised. I can't think of an area of any western state where independence would be benificial.

If you start a sentence beginning with 'generally' you're f*cked.

Naw its the shortbread sales.

There really is some self-loathing jockos on this thread.

Not at all. I'm proud to be Scottish. Every bit as I am proud to be British.

What I don't comprehend, is why I have to be in favour of Independence simply because I was born and grow up in Scotland, and that, by the same token, if I am against Independence, I am automatically anti-Scottish or ashamed of Scottish heritage.

:rolleyes: We seem to think all our problems will be solved due to the oil and going alone. Do you think going it alone will make the poverty disappear? I can only assume that the poverty in Scotland is due to a lack of industry. Scotland is not unique in poverty within the UK. Go around some cities in England and you might see that the people there don't walk along on gold streets, they have the same issues as us. So what happens when your oil runs out and the industry isn't there? :rolleyes: Uh-oh...we'd be fucked like we were when James decided that he liked the nice throne down south when we were in the same position when the Union began.

Aye, the lack of industry within your great UK utopia. Thatcher/Blair/Brown - Tory/Nu Labor

The Union of the Crowns happened some time before the Act of Union was forced undemocratically upon the citizens of Scotland. :rolleyes:

Migration of jobs will happen regardless of whether or not the Union is in place. It's not that relevent in that respect.

I dont know, I think you might see a significant movement - bear in mind the 'new republic of scotland' would not immediately be in the EU or the EEC and I would guess be effectively removed from any trade agreements set up whilst part of the UK - I'm not implying these things wouldnt get set up but they would take time and some major companies would probably relocate down south.

Archived