Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Think a lot depends if you regard Sauchie as a separate town or not (not knocking people from there but like a lot of the central belt's post-WWII council housing the planners who designed the layout of the place could have done a much better job) and even there it's getting a bit gentrified out towards Fishcross. Beyond Bowhouse most of the core part of Alloa is alright and pales into insignificance compared to some towns of similar size in the west on a thread like this.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there in summer. It was glorious.

Tesco is Tesco, wherever you go. (What a thing to whine about by the way! :lol:)

I've never heard a single person, never mind "the rest of Scotland refer to it as Castlemilk-on-Sea".

It's basically the focal point of the whole community. It's not so much the Tesco itself, but the ugliness of the people who dwell within that continues to astound me.

A good drop of sunshine can make even the most fruity of environments appear "glorious", but hey, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. :)

• 1 year later...

Don't fly to close to the sun.

This is surely the post that Sweet Pete was banging on about when he thought Sergeant had said "Don't fly too high Icarus"?

Funnily enough this was brought on by a completely unrelated thread where i had mentioned i would have liked to be a heating engineer if i could turn the clock back and got pelters for my lack of ambition. It reminded me of the comments i received in this thread where i said i would like to one day hire a car and travel around fife, i knew it was about shite towns in Scotland and when the other one got bumped i was sure it was in that one but then remembered there was another similar thread doing the rounds at the time.

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, scotsghirl67 said:

Wit aboot the Raploch pmsl I wiz born n bred there but by God I wiz glad tae move. Now live in a plc doon in Merseyside called Birkenhead and I'm no joking it wid put most bad places tae shame in Scotland 

U wot m8?

9 minutes ago, scotsghirl67 said:

Wit aboot the Raploch pmsl I wiz born n bred there but by God I wiz glad tae move. Now live in a plc doon in Merseyside called Birkenhead and I'm no joking it wid put most bad places tae shame in Scotland 

This should be punted to the Junior Forum asap

The natural scenery and views in Ayrshire are wonderful. The villages and towns are shitholes full of inbreds that time has left behind.
I'd agree some certainly are. Coastal towns are fine but the further inland you go the scarier they get. E.G. Drongan and Cumnock etc.....especially during the marching season with all their flags hanging from every house they are best avoided.