Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

7 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Has anyone been to see FC United down in Manchester? Going down for a stag do next weekend and looks like they are the closest team to where we're staying that are at home the Saturday.

Considering going to see Edinburgh Uni vs Gala Fairydean this afternoon if I can be bothered as well.

I went to watch my mate play against them when they played at Bury years ago and at a few away games but not been to their new ground. Looks well worth a visit though. 

Get to Edinburgh Uni just think about the cakes :lol: 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

11 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Has anyone been to see FC United down in Manchester? Going down for a stag do next weekend and looks like they are the closest team to where we're staying that are at home the Saturday.

Considering going to see Edinburgh Uni vs Gala Fairydean this afternoon if I can be bothered as well.

I have. Impressive new ground built in quite an old fashioned style, although it's not finished yet. Not great for pubs that I was aware of, but it's got a bar under the big terrace and it's not that far out of the city centre. They used to run buses to and from it as well.

fc-united-broadhurst-park-manchester-1451653642.jpg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Fortuna Düsseldorf 4-2 Arminia Bielefeld.

Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Hannover.

IMG_20180318_132036.jpg

I visited Dusseldorf at xmas two years ago. One of the best places I have ever visited, I plan on returning.

I never went to a match, though did watch a FC Koln match in a pub while over there and the locals were very animated during the game. I thought that a bit strange, I know Cologne is fairly close to Dusseldorf, but so is Dortmund, Monchengladback and Leverkusen.

On 15/03/2018 at 08:06, highlandcowden said:

regarding these recent posts,got to say I cant recommend Lisbon enough for a break with attached football-easy and cheap to get to from Scotland,cheap to transfer from airport and city,nice climate,great city and as for the footy-in season pretty much certain one of the big two will be at home,theres other teams nearby in the top 2 divisions and as the regionalised third division has an exclusively Lisbon division you wont be short on action.Think ill go back in the autumn/winter months

Great for surfing too, if that's your sort of thing!

Echo the shout above about Düsseldorf being a tremendous night out. Next chance I get I will be booking a weekend there and taking a few games in.

Almost certain now that YB will win the Swiss League. I've been to watch a couple of games there in the away end, following Aarau. Trying to work out now roughly when they could win the league so I can try and catch a game that actually means something to the home fans.

glorious goings on last night as Tunbridge Wells cuffed Crowborough 3-0 in the first leg of the South East Counties League Cup (S/F - first leg)

attendance of 234; £7.00 quid to get in plus beer and chips money - very well spent; two soppy sods from the shitty end of the A26 sent off, plus all manner of fistifcuffs and fuckwittery - top entertainment  - second leg next week...

:thumsup2

6 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

glorious goings on last night as Tunbridge Wells cuffed Crowborough 3-0 in the first leg of the South East Counties League Cup (S/F - first leg)

attendance of 234; £7.00 quid to get in plus beer and chips money - very well spent; two soppy sods from the shitty end of the A26 sent off, plus all manner of fistifcuffs and fuckwittery - top entertainment  - second leg next week...

:thumsup2

Quality stuff :lol:

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Dundee United 2 Queen of the South 3 last night ... 

CBFE79A4-DA32-4B16-83EB-358ABF910B6B.jpeg

C9189E30-4AEB-4F46-A18C-A10CD78B88DC.jpeg

you fair get about rab

I was wondering-how much(just admission costs,footy aint cheap nowadays) do you reckon you spend in a season and how many miles do you reckon you clock up over the course of it?i mind having a quick tot up of the mileage one year when I was fair wandering about catching games and it was eyewatering,im probably solely responsible for global warming

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

you fair get about rab

I was wondering-how much(just admission costs,footy aint cheap nowadays) do you reckon you spend in a season and how many miles do you reckon you clock up over the course of it?i mind having a quick tot up of the mileage one year when I was fair wandering about catching games and it was eyewatering,im probably solely responsible for global warming

Yeah quite interested to see how much it all costs. 

This season I am doing a game from every county in England, got ten to go (48 in total). Done close to £2k in petrol. 

On 22/03/2018 at 09:11, highlandcowden said:

you fair get about rab

They say you should never add it up Cowden :D ... I do try and keep my costs down whenever I can but it’s fair to say there are cheaper hobbies out there ! 

7 hours ago, Jute said:

Whitehall Welfare v Spartans today. Cracking programme Rab.

Thanks Jute was good to see you. Pushed them late on but Spartans deserved the win. 

Thats the full cover Sarge. 

C35D7255-919F-48E8-8843-B675276C7DEE.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit