Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Trafford 2 Skelmersdale United 2 ... yesterday in the Unibond Northern Premier Division. Decent game and a good set up at Skewe Lane. 

Crowd 239. 

Didn’t get let out of Old Trafford until 5 to 3 so missed the first half hour but this an easy drive from there. 

441757BC-8052-49CE-93B2-58FB6BFEE701.jpeg

A7C3D46E-BD70-4110-AB37-082CB5B5ED41.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

6 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Trafford 2 Skelmersdale United 2 ... yesterday in the Unibond Northern Premier Division. Decent game and a good set up at Skewe Lane. 

Crowd 239. 

Didn’t get let out of Old Trafford until 5 to 3 so missed the first half hour but this an easy drive from there. 

441757BC-8052-49CE-93B2-58FB6BFEE701.jpeg

A7C3D46E-BD70-4110-AB37-082CB5B5ED41.jpeg

Was there no sign of KnightswoodBear at that one? Probably couldn't bring himself to go through those green turnstiles.

Went to Chelsea v Palace on Saturday. Decent enough, Chelsea easily the better side though Palace showed a bit of grit 2nd half. Attendance 40,800.

Sunday lunch time watched 

Hook Youth Whites 0 v 2 Barnes Eagles

in the Surrey Youth League Under 15s.  Attendance 18.

A feisty affair where my mate`s son set up the clinching 2nd goal with a very neat bit of skill. Good play Matthew :thumsup2

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Was at Union Berlin v Aue yesterday; mental atmosphere as you almost expect at German games, but the match itself had little quality. A few tasty challenges & terrible misses, but little quality.  0-0.

That's two league games in Germany and yet to see a goal. 'Sakes.

I was in Lisbon and ended up at Belenenses Vs Feirense. Belenenses are Lisbon's 3rd team, located in the Belem area and I have to confess that I'd never heard of them before - but I was intrigued to see what the standard was like outside of the big 3 in Portugal (and it was a very nice day weather wise :) ).

10zst4n.jpg

w0t0eb.jpg

ab7405.jpg

4vkzur.jpg

And the answer was that the standard was heroically bad. I was expecting much slower football than we are used to but with a bit more of the skill - and I was half right as it was slow. It was two teams that were low in the table but even so, it was awful.

The stadium was a really nice 25k seater - with around 2,500 rattling around inside - It made Rugby Park feel perfectly sized. I would guess it would be busy when Sporting or Benfica come calling but if that was a representative sample of a run of the mill game, then it was piss poor. It was 10Euro for a walk up ticket , so at least their dross is reasonably priced...

The away support was about 50 Ultras who sang the whole game and were quite entertaining. It ended 1-0 to the home team - the goal was greeted with a half-hearted shout of "gol" and nobody stood up.

Despite everything, I came away liking them as the supporters that I talked to were friendly (and genuinely bemused why anyone from abroad would come to see them) - and they came out with lots of stuff that would be familiar to a West of Scotland diddy team supporter. I was told "more fans leave Belem every week to watch the big 2 than watch the neighbourhood team" - I've heard that one before.....

Edited by Swello

53 minutes ago, Swello said:

I was in Lisbon and ended up at Belenenses Vs Feirense. Belenenses are Lisbon's 3rd team, located in the Belem area and I have to confess that I'd never heard of them before - but I was intrigued to see what the standard was like outside of the big 3 in Portugal (and it was a very nice day weather wise :) ).

And the answer was that the standard was heroically bad. I was expecting much slower football than we are used to but with a bit more of the skill - and I was half right as it was slow. It was two teams that were low in the table but even so, it was awful.

The stadium was a really nice 25k seater - with around 2,500 rattling around inside - It made Rugby Park feel perfectly sized. I would guess it would be busy when Sporting or Benfica come calling but if that was a representative sample of a run of the mill game, then it was piss poor. It was 10Euro for a walk up ticket , so at least their dross is reasonably priced...

The away support was about 50 Ultras who sang the whole game and were quite entertaining. It ended 1-0 to the home team - the goal was greeted with a half-hearted shout of "gol" and nobody stood up.

Despite everything, I came away liking them as the supporters that I talked to were friendly (and genuinely bemused why anyone from abroad would come to see them) - and they came out with lots of stuff that would be familiar to a West of Scotland diddy team supporter. I was told "more fans leave Belem every week to watch the big 2 than watch the neighbourhood team" - I've heard that one before.....

I was in Lisbon with the missus last January (2017) and I must say we were spoiled for choice with the fixtures. Considered Belenenses but went to Belem for the tourist stuff and it was a bit of a trek so didn't fancy going back at night time. Also heard that somebody got refused entry there because he had a small camera.

Went over on the ferry to Cova de Piede for a Saturday morning game v Benfica B, then met up with the missus for Benfica v Boavista. Didn't regret glory-hunting, fantastic stadium, great atmosphere as the Benfica fans kept it going, Benfica eagle in the stadium etc. Sunday, went to Orientale v Loures, a crumbling lower league ground.

7 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I was in Lisbon with the missus last January (2017) and I must say we were spoiled for choice with the fixtures. Considered Belenenses but went to Belem for the tourist stuff and it was a bit of a trek so didn't fancy going back at night time. Also heard that somebody got refused entry there because he had a small camera.

Went over on the ferry to Cova de Piede for a Saturday morning game v Benfica B, then met up with the missus for Benfica v Boavista. Didn't regret glory-hunting, fantastic stadium, great atmosphere as the Benfica fans kept it going, Benfica eagle in the stadium etc. Sunday, went to Orientale v Loures, a crumbling lower league ground.

i was there that same weekend,i too was at the oriental game-bit far back now but do you recall the loures no4 was the spit of Gattuso,with the same niggly attitude that would make opposition fans hate him?

I did go to the belenenses game that weekend,on the sunday night vs rio ave.huge ground for a tiny crowd(though the rio ave fans were full of noise),cost me £20 to get in:(!!!!!

35 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

i was there that same weekend,i too was at the oriental game-bit far back now but do you recall the loures no4 was the spit of Gattuso,with the same niggly attitude that would make opposition fans hate him?

I did go to the belenenses game that weekend,on the sunday night vs rio ave.huge ground for a tiny crowd(though the rio ave fans were full of noise),cost me £20 to get in:(!!!!!

Can't really remember that. I missed most of the first half because I turned up at the official Club Orientale  building down by the coast. The actual stadium is about a mile uphill. All because I had no roaming data on my phone. 

(Phone thread for this pish) It took ages to sort this and I was blaming BT all the time. It turned out Vodafone had left a profile buried in my settings and once I trashed this everything worked.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Can't really remember that. I missed most of the first half because I turned up at the official Club Orientale  building down by the coast. The actual stadium is about a mile uphill. All because I had no roaming data on my phone. 

(Phone thread for this pish) It took ages to sort this and I was blaming BT all the time. It turned out Vodafone had left a profile buried in my settings and once I trashed this everything worked.

:lol::lol:wish my phone obsessed girlfriend was reading this-I got there fine because I'm old fashioned and I printed off a map;she laughs at me for doing such things

Edited by highlandcowden

regarding these recent posts,got to say I cant recommend Lisbon enough for a break with attached football-easy and cheap to get to from Scotland,cheap to transfer from airport and city,nice climate,great city and as for the footy-in season pretty much certain one of the big two will be at home,theres other teams nearby in the top 2 divisions and as the regionalised third division has an exclusively Lisbon division you wont be short on action.Think ill go back in the autumn/winter months

Edited by highlandcowden