Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm going to see three games in Germany next weekend, each in a different league. The tickets get progressively more expensive the further down the pyramid I go.

Can't be true. Football's only about £10 in Germany. That's why they get such big crowd and why Scotland should charge the same...

7 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Can't be true. Football's only about £10 in Germany. That's why they get such big crowd and why Scotland should charge the same...

I think the Germans are on to something: if what some of the Talbot fans on the Clydebank thread say is true, we should definitely be charging more for West Superleague games than they do for Alloa vs Arbroath.

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Dusseldorf vs Bielefeld,
Osnabruck vs Munster,
Dortmund vs Hannover.

Osnabrück vs Münster kick-off is only 30 minutes after the Dortmund vs Hannover game starts. Both games are on the Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think the Germans are on to something: if what some of the Talbot fans on the Clydebank thread say is true, we should definitely be charging more for West Superleague games than they do for Alloa vs Arbroath.

I have paid more at some 4th tier German venues than in the top flight. Best value? On Wolfsburg's title winning run in, I got a terrace ticket for less then £10. I did pay around £50 at Cologne, but the game was basically a sell out and their were just the odd single seats not greyed out on the club's website. Teams regularly get relegated a few leagues for financial reasons and clubs don't always change their prices as you might think they would. (Aachen springs to mind, but they are not alone.) Rot Weiss Essen and Aachen average 7.000 and 6,000 in the forth tier, more than the average for the division above. Aachen charge 10 Euro for fourth tier football, Heidenheim 12 for football two divisions higher.You charge what you think people will be prepared to pay and a big crowd generating an atmosphere is always more likely to see a casual supporter returning

3 hours ago, Jute said:

What site did you use for the tickets for Real Madrid?

Official website. Haven't got them yet, public sale starts Monday 10am but been keeping an eye on it, there won't be many left.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Official website. Haven't got them yet, public sale starts Monday 10am but been keeping an eye on it, there won't be many left.

Will have a look at that. Looking at heading over at the end of April.

2 minutes ago, Jute said:

Will have a look at that. Looking at heading over at the end of April.

Seems like public sale always starts Monday before the game. They have this Madridista card at €30 which gets you... wait for it... 2 days earlier. Of course you can get hospitality tkts no bother weeks in advance if you want to pay €300 :lol:

i was seriously considering just going to a lower league game.

14 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Seems like public sale always starts Monday before the game. They have this Madridista card at €30 which gets you... wait for it... 2 days earlier. Of course you can get hospitality tkts no bother weeks in advance if you want to pay €300 :lol:

i was seriously considering just going to a lower league game.

Weekend I am looking at Real Madrid and Getafe are home in the top flight and Rayo in the 2nd division. Should hopefully get two games at least.

Edited by Jute

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Weekend I am looking at Real Madrid and Getafe are home in the top flight and Rayo in the 2nd division. Should hopefully get two games at least.

Yeah I would normally do something like that but we've only got Sat/Sun in Madrid after arriving late on Friday so won't be pushing my luck with the missus :lol:. Monday morning we're off to Extremadura, over 3 hrs by train.