Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

17 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Who are the 2nd team in  Sutton Coldfield after Town?

Romulus Football Club is a semi professional football club based in Sutton Coldfield, England. They play in the Northern Premier League First Division South

https://twitter.com/Romulus_fc?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Off to Madrid Friday so hoping to go to real v alaves , the web sale only started yesterday and not showing many left or together and quite pricey, any advice if I should just hold on and try and get one on the day? Cheers

Edited by Latino Lover

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They both share a ground. Villa Ladies used to play there too, but have since switched to Tamworth.

"ladies....switching to tamworth" sounds like it ought to be a slightly morose euphemism for something used in victorian melodramas

"the Raglan sisters were exceptionally comely girls, full of verve and high spirits, and - one thought - eagerly disposed toward participating in the  kind of horseplay towards which any self respecting gentleman may be tumescently inclined, but sadly - having chanced his arm at the vicarage tea-dance - Master Cadogan informed me balefully that all three of them have switched to tamworth, and that any such advances would be met with a swift rebuke; the best for which one may hope would be to encourage them to indulge in their sapphic fancies, and to observe whilst taking oneself firmly in hand..."

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

"ladies....switching to tamworth" sounds like it ought to be a slightly morose euphemism for something used in victorian melodramas

"the Raglan sisters were exceptionally comely girls, full of verve and high spirits, and - one thought - eagerly disposed toward participating in the  kind of horseplay towards which any self respecting gentleman may be tumescently inclined, but sadly - having chanced his arm at the vicarage tea-dance - Master Cadogan informed me balefully that all three of them have switched to tamworth, and that any such advances would be met with a swift rebuke; the best for which one may hope would be to encourage them to indulge in their sapphic fancies, and to observe whilst taking oneself firmly in hand..."

That girlfriend's not looking so peculiar now... :P

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

14 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Romulus Football Club is a semi professional football club based in Sutton Coldfield, England. They play in the Northern Premier League First Division South

I vaguely remember the name from my Sutton days but they weren't the club they are now. Thanks.

On 19/02/2018 at 23:30, Herman Hessian said:

Planned a double header going there before Villa v Liverpool a few seasons ago but got stuck on the M6. Just made the 5.30 game in the end.  

3 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

got stuck on the M6

graveyard of many a football trip, that fucking thing; i've tried to watch four games at Chester (all v Rovers) - missed one altogether, and three late arrivals - given up on it completely now and use the M1 and A50 to cut out as much of the West Midlands as possible for anything vaguely north-west'ish...

16 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

graveyard of many a football trip, that fucking thing; i've tried to watch four games at Chester (all v Rovers) - missed one altogether, and three late arrivals - given up on it completely now and use the M1 and A50 to cut out as much of the West Midlands as possible for anything vaguely north-west'ish...

I’m pretty lucky I only go down to J26 Herman, after from Preston and the odd accident it’s usually a clear run. Below that though it’s utter carnage ! Takes my mate almost as long midweek to do the 50 miles from Stoke to Anfield as it does for me from South Edinburgh! 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’m pretty lucky I only go down to J26 Herman, after from Preston and the odd accident it’s usually a clear run. Below that though it’s utter carnage ! Takes my mate almost as long midweek to do the 50 miles from Stoke to Anfield as it does for me from South Edinburgh! 

Fucksake, there's two of them!

On 15/02/2018 at 14:21, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah fine for a day out, plenty of decent bars in the town itself! 

How did you find the Berlin fans? We got told to f**k off before even getting in the ground when we tried to go last year. 

No issues at all. I was behind the goals, just beside the away fans.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:57, Margaret Thatcher said:

I went to Dulwich Hamlet 0-0 Metropolitan Police on Saturday. It was boring.

Good team to go and watch if you are in London though. 1500+ crowds in the Ryman League. Not sure why?

Looking like they could go out of business at the end of the season after Rio Ferdinand's bid of £10 million was rejected.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/rio-ferdinand-save-dulwich-hamlet-10m-offer-revealed-jack-pitt-brooke-a8224891.html

Staying in that league, Glenn Tamplin has said he will sack himself if they lose at home to Wealdstone tomorrow. This is after they lost 2-1 midweek to Folkestone. 

if you're going to get beat in a local derby in front of the second biggest attendance that your hosts have ever had at their relatively new stadium, i recommend NOT doing it by way of an injury time equaliser followed by a 103'rd minute match winning penalty...

Untitled.jpg.d4fe04d0d64dce6b0f9b73b16f84f524.jpg

i believe the appropriate phrase under these circumstances is something along the lines of "fucking arsebiscuits and shite"

result notwithstanding, quite impressed with the New York stadium - much better than the fucking dreadful keepmoat (rovers' revolting ground) which i despise with a passion, but for somewhere opened in 2012, it's already looking a bit tatty and knocked about; the away end (where this pic is from) mirrors the far end with the same stepped roofline; rotherham may however be the quietest football fans in the known world - tiny-minded bias to one side, they were absolutely shite s'afty with regard to generating any sort of noise; except for in the 103'rd minute, of course - the c***s...

5a91ff2115956_IMG_10641.jpg.74734633437f533cffbde9ef64631447.jpg

Edited by Herman Hessian

Had a cracking day oot at South Shields FC v Radcliffe Borough FC.  Final score 0-0. Looked like  Boro played for draw kept oot all Shields possession which included a penalty miss. Hospitality well recommended which included entry 3 course carvery a free drink and programme. :chef:guinness:)