Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Aarau v Schaffhausen tonight, first game back Post winter break. Near caught me out as the break was shorter than usual, owing to the World Cup this summer meaning the season will finish a little earlier. Fully expecting a heavy away win and several fingers and toes lost to frostbite.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I forgot to post, I was at Halifax v. Orient on Tuesday. Orient won 2-1 and the Halifax manager was sacked the next day. Excellent ground, modernised but kept both terraces behind each goal. My camera pictures aren't compatible, so here's Google one.

1200px-The_Shay.jpg

Love Halifax Sarge great ground ! 

16 hours ago, Ross. said:

Aarau v Schaffhausen tonight, first game back Post winter break. Near caught me out as the break was shorter than usual, owing to the World Cup this summer meaning the season will finish a little earlier. Fully expecting a heavy away win and several fingers and toes lost to frostbite.

Aarau won 2-1. It was very, very, very cold.

I went to Dulwich Hamlet 0-0 Metropolitan Police on Saturday. It was boring.

Good team to go and watch if you are in London though. 1500+ crowds in the Ryman League. Not sure why?
Dulwich Hamlet have been sold as an #AMF team and take on all the super left politics with it. Gained some press due to that and taken in loads of football hipsters.

AMF?

"Against modern football". Feel that high level football has become too corporate and sanitised. Which to be fair is fairly true but the hardcore AMF types tend to be absolute chodes and/or junior fans.

4 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I have seen Dulwich Hamlet a couple times, and they without doubt have the most annoying set of fans, especially one woman who was close to getting a kick in the pie. 

Fortunately there's multiple bars available and The Cherry Tree across the road. One of my favourite grounds.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

In Birmingham for work and stupidly didn’t check fixtures. Playing at home in the FA Cup so could’ve gone along but only brought my suit with me. I don’t think I’d make t out of there alive strolling in with a suit on.

I thought I travelled light, but one change wouldn't have slowed you down much. You should've gone to a charity shop.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought I travelled light, but one change wouldn't have slowed you down much. You should've gone to a charity shop.

Lame excuses Sarge. Some place St Andrews . Was lucky to get out alive after the 0-7 midweek in 2006. 

In Birmingham for work and stupidly didn’t check fixtures. Playing at home in the FA Cup so could’ve gone along but only brought my suit with me. I don’t think I’d make t out of there alive strolling in with a suit on.

Unless the suit is claret and blue, I doubt the other half a dozen who bothered to turn up would have cared.

6 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Falkirk 3 Brechin City 1 tonight. 

Baltic. Fair play to the 29 away fans. 

76D23C54-BCAE-45C5-AFFF-1094CE43BE62.jpeg

603D823B-1E8F-4D57-A576-4D50F5953F17.jpeg

Why Rab, why? I understand and do some ground hopping. I go back to a few teams if I'm in their area. But I really don't get the attraction of paying so much money to go to a place you're already familiar with.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why Rab, why? I understand and do some ground hopping. I go back to a few teams if I'm in their area. But I really don't get the attraction of paying so much money to go to a place you're already familiar with.

I only really go to Prem and Championship games at this time of year when there’s nothing else on midweek Sarge as it’s generally pretty poor value. Quite like revisiting the same places.