Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

That'll be a great trip ! 

4 sessions of the snooker, football on Saturday, would like to go visit Hillsborough too, shame Wednesday are away but think we'll just go one day. My mate from York says Sheffield is a good night out too.

Bramall Lane will be my 4th English ground for a game and 6th visited. Seen games at Goodison, The Etihad and Stadium of Light plus toured Old Trafford and Anfield.

I'm thinking of heading over to see Ottawa Fury vs New York Red Bulls II tomorrow if the weather is good.  I like football (not as much as Rab Nesbit) but the stadium isn't covered so if it's raining I'll probably pass.  

Was at the Rapid Vienna v St Poulson game at the end of May when I was over in Vienna.

New stadium (I think this was its first season), home end was full ages before kick off even though Rapid had nothing to play for (last game of the season). Looked like the fans had free reign to do what they wanted (within reason) in the home end, platforms at the front of the terracing for the supporters with the megaphones, all chanting/singing/flag waving very synchronised, quite impressive. Loads of flares and smoke bombs, hardly any stewards inside the ground, loads of beer and not a hint of trouble.

St Poulson were second bottom and needed to win to be 100% sure of staying up. Rapid won 2-1 and there was a few nervous minutes for the hundred or so away fans in the corner of the stadium before the other team's match finished, however the bottom team lost so St Poulson stayed up.

Admission was 25 Euros, decent value.

Was at the Rapid Vienna v St Poulson game at the end of May when I was over in Vienna.
New stadium (I think this was its first season), home end was full ages before kick off even though Rapid had nothing to play for (last game of the season). Looked like the fans had free reign to do what they wanted (within reason) in the home end, platforms at the front of the terracing for the supporters with the megaphones, all chanting/singing/flag waving very synchronised, quite impressive. Loads of flares and smoke bombs, hardly any stewards inside the ground, loads of beer and not a hint of trouble.
St Poulson were second bottom and needed to win to be 100% sure of staying up. Rapid won 2-1 and there was a few nervous minutes for the hundred or so away fans in the corner of the stadium before the other team's match finished, however the bottom team lost so St Poulson stayed up.
Admission was 25 Euros, decent value.

I went to Austria Vienna v Strum Graz in 2005 (?) before I actually travelled to Graz for a Scotland friendly. In front of the terrace were big, burly stewards but every time a decision went against the home team a flurry of coins and lighters were hurled at the visiting keeper.

Match ended 2-2, decent entertainment although the quality of play wasn't amazing.  Interesting that Ottawa's manager is Kenny Dalglish's son Paul and the goalie coach is Bruce Grobbelaar, the same Bruce Grobbelaar who played for Liverpool in the 80's and 90's

I'm claiming responsibility for the draw. Fury were 2-1 down in extra time and Paul Dalglish wouldn't put the 'keeper up for the last corner.

From my seat on the halfway line right near the dugout I shouted: "PAUL! Put the keeper up!"

He folds his arms. The goalie starts looking toward him.

"Do it Paul! Be brave, make the call, put him up."

He changed his mind and sent the goalie up, the guy made a nuisance of himself in the box and Ottawa scored an equaliser!

Greetings from Canada guys :-)

P.S. Ryan Williams is playing for Fury, he's one of their best players

37 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

I'm claiming responsibility for the draw. Fury were 2-1 down in extra time and Paul Dalglish wouldn't put the 'keeper up for the last corner.

From my seat on the halfway line right near the dugout I shouted: "PAUL! Put the keeper up!"

He folds his arms. The goalie starts looking toward him.

"Do it Paul! Be brave, make the call, put him up."

He changed his mind and sent the goalie up, the guy made a nuisance of himself in the box and Ottawa scored an equaliser!

Greetings from Canada guys :-)

P.S. Ryan Williams is playing for Fury, he's one of their best players

Welcome to Ottawa!  How long are you in our capital for?  

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:49, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Long, long way away but myself and a few mates are heading to Sheffield for the snooker in April and are thinking about taking in Sheffield Utd v Preston North End. Anybody been to Bramall Lane before? Good day out?

bramall lanes almost in the city centre,plenty of bars within easy distance including a wetherspoons if you want food too.last there 5 years ago,there was a decent bar between the spoons and the ground,damned if I can remember the name though.hoping to be there next month or so,ill check that out if I am

Heading to Italy on holiday at the end of August for a couple of weeks. Rome, Florence, Lake Como and Milan. Hopefully I will get to take in a couple of games.

Given the choice I would like to see Roma, Fiorentina and/or AC Milan. It is still a few weeks before the fixtures are out though, but I should certainly be okay for games in Rome and Milan. 

On 2017-6-21 at 18:25, Shanner said:

Are tickets for Fulham and QPR home matches usually easily obtainable?

Down in London when Fulham v Sheff Weds and QPR V Hull are the only viable options.

Go to Fulham. Wednesday will bring a big travelling support which should make for a decent atmosphere, and on a nice summer's day I can't think of a nicer place to take in a game than Craven Cottage.

QPR is a slightly better atmosphere normally, but Fulham is a better all-round day out IMO. Tickets for either will be pretty straightforward though.

On 6/25/2017 at 13:04, qos_75 said:

Heading to Italy on holiday at the end of August for a couple of weeks. Rome, Florence, Lake Como and Milan. Hopefully I will get to take in a couple of games.

Given the choice I would like to see Roma, Fiorentina and/or AC Milan. It is still a few weeks before the fixtures are out though, but I should certainly be okay for games in Rome and Milan. 

The problem with Roma or Lazio is that the Olimpico is too big for the support.  I went to a Lazio game in 2008 when I was in Italy and although there were close to 30,000 people there it seemed overly cavernous.  The Lazio ultras made a good atmosphere though

The problem with Roma or Lazio is that the Olimpico is too big for the support.  I went to a Lazio game in 2008 when I was in Italy and although there were close to 30,000 people there it seemed overly cavernous.  The Lazio ultras made a good atmosphere though

Might still be decent crowds for a wee while as the novelty of the ultras' return keeps things interesting before they eventually drop back to normal levels.

Also, agreed on Fulham. One of the best grounds I've been to and a very cool location