What Are You Drinking ?

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

It's -20 C outside tonight here in Canada's capital, therefore I'm making Pina Coladas

Given the choice, and in weather like that I'd be on the Rusty Nails (blended whisky & Drambue with lots of ice).......beautiful drink.

17 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That was White and it was Faustino.  This is Red and its Campo Viejo.

Sadly still unable to source White Faustino V here, though we brought a couple of bottles back from holiday, one of which is still in the wine cooler.

Here you go. https://www.vinissimus.co.uk/en/wine/faustino-v-blanco-2016

20 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

It's -20 C outside tonight here in Canada's capital, therefore I'm making Pina Coladas

Please forgive my ignorance. I was in Ottowa last summer for a few days and couldn't believe how nice it was. I'd always assumed it was a sort of Canberra/Brasilia effort, built to appease other cities because a capital couldn't be agreed upon.

7 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Please forgive my ignorance. I was in Ottowa last summer for a few days and couldn't believe how nice it was. I'd always assumed it was a sort of Canberra/Brasilia effort, built to appease other cities because a capital couldn't be agreed upon.

It is a quite nice city!  Just cold in the winter lol.   There is a concerted effort to keep it nice, it was originally a logging town chosen as capital for political reasons (on the border between Ontario and Quebec) but they make a real effort to make it look good!  

Edited by senorsoupe

Just now, senorsoupe said:

It is a quite nice city!  Just cold in the winter lol.   There is a concerted effort to keep it nice, it was originally a logging town chosen as capital for political reasons (on the border between Ontario and Quebec) but they make a real effort to make it look good!  

I was only there for two days as part of a month long tour of Canada. Stayed right by the Parliament building and didn't venture too far from there. The museum across the water was brilliant. Stumbled across a 'Scottish pub' by the big shopping complex and went in for one because they had an offer for Tennents.

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I was only there for two days as part of a month long tour of Canada. Stayed right by the Parliament building and didn't venture too far from there. The museum across the water was brilliant. Stumbled across a 'Scottish pub' by the big shopping complex and went in for one because they had an offer for Tennents.

The Museum of history is really a brilliant museum.  You probably went to the Highlander Pub, it's  not a bad pub for beer but probably the best place for whisky in Ottawa, they have a fantastic selection of single malts and other Scotch whiskies.  They also serve haggis if that is what one is in the mood for

14 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

The Museum of history is really a brilliant museum.  You probably went to the Highlander Pub, it's  not a bad pub for beer but probably the best place for whisky in Ottawa, they have a fantastic selection of single malts and other Scotch whiskies.  They also serve haggis if that is what one is in the mood for

That's the one. The bar staff were great and upon realising I was actually Scottish I got a free drink. 

8 hours ago, Markka said:

Not had it in years but mind it as a crisp refreshing brew. Where are you drinking it?

i ordered it from beersofeurope.com or some whit like that, pricey but every now and then i'll try ones i havent tried before.