Black Scottish Footballers

Kevin Harper was born in England but raised in Edinburgh.

Black Scottish-born footballers include Chris Mackie (ex Alloa), Malcolm Kpedekpo (ex Aberdeen), Chris Ogboke (ex Montrose). Callum McRobbie of Aberdeen's U19s could be mixed race?

Cowdenbeath's Joe Mbu has played for Junior Scotland but he was born in London as far as I know. Gordon Lennon of Dumbarton was born in Northern Ireland but I've no idea how long he's been over here - he joined Albion Rovers from Govan juvenile side Harmony Row.

There are a few other black players in the non-leagues such as Dan Gerrard and Max Asante but I don't know if they were born in Scotland either. I think Arniston's Ubong Umatong came up from England and I've no idea where Albion Rovers signed Abou Mansare from - he's now at St Anthony's. East Craigie have a black forward called Josh Perera.

Maybe you could check this one for me, but in the early years of Scottish football, wasn't there a player born in Nigeria with a Glaswegian father called M'Boza Itché?

Maybe you could check this one for me, but in the early years of Scottish football, wasn't there a player born in Nigeria with a Glaswegian father called M'Boza Itché?

I believe there was, his sister represented Scotland at golf. M'Clunge Itché was her name.

Out of interest, why can't you bring yourself to write the word "English"? It really isn't difficult.

:lol:

Just stating what the imbeciles who follow them chant at every game 'In-ger-land, In-gerland, In-ger-land' ad nauseum !

Just stating what the imbeciles who follow them chant at every game 'In-ger-land, In-gerland, In-ger-land' ad nauseum !

In that case, why don't you also say "Oirlen" and "Skawhlind"?

Now I'll post some laughing emotes to denote how original and witty I am: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

Gil Scott-Herons dad that was on Celtics books was born in Jamaica so he would have qualified. They (born in the 'Wealth) qualify for all the ''home nations'' but nearly all chose them

• 3 months later...
I had a conversation about this with a mate at work who is from Cameroon. We both came to the conclusion that the reason is that there just aren't that many black people in scotland. The number is definitely increasing and I think in about 10-15 years there will probably be at least a couple of black players in the scotland team. IMHO this will be a very good development. Scotland really lack both pace and power and black players (not all i might add) tend to have more of both (yes I know that is a bit of a generalisation but it's also fairly accurate).

Already signs that this might come true, with Islam Feruz getting called up for the u17s and Mohammed Yaqub getting called up for the u16s.

I see a 14 year old kid who is originally from Somalia has been called up to the U17 Scotland squad.

Islam Feruz, a Somalia-born teenager who plays for Celtic, has been called into the Scotland under-17 squad under a new rule which states that a player who holds a British passport and has been educated for at least five years in one of the Home Nations is eligible to play for that country.

Feruz, 14, came to Glasgow seven Islam Feruz, a Somalia-born teenager who plays for Celtic, has been called into the Scotland under-17 squad under a new rule which states that a player who holds a British passport and has been educated for at least five years in one of the Home Nations is eligible to play for that country.

Feruz, 14, came to Glasgow seven years ago with his mother and two younger sisters, seeking asylum because of violence between rival warlords. They were granted permanent refugee status in 2007. “Since my family and I came to Scotland seven years ago, we have been made to feel very welcome,” said Feruz, a pupil at Hillhead High School. “I have been very proud to live in Scotland. It’s a great country which is now my home and I will be very proud to wear the Scotland jersey.”

The Scottish FA chief executive, Gordon Smith, added: “Islam is a fine example of the type of person that this new rule is designed to benefit. The rule reflects the changes to our society in recent years, and is designed to promote social inclusion in football.” years ago with his mother and two younger sisters, seeking asylum because of violence between rival warlords. They were granted permanent refugee status in 2007. “Since my family and I came to Scotland seven years ago, we have been made to feel very welcome,” said Feruz, a pupil at Hillhead High School. “I have been very proud to live in Scotland. It’s a great country which is now my home and I will be very proud to wear the Scotland jersey.”

The Scottish FA chief executive, Gordon Smith, added: “Islam is a fine example of the type of person that this new rule is designed to benefit. The rule reflects the changes to our society in recent years, and is designed to promote social inclusion in football.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/ce...a-rule-1.926048

I've seen McRobbies name mentioned in this thread. Good wee player. Seen him play for the Aberdeen U19s a few times and I hope he will make the grade.

• 1 year later...

I see a 14 year old kid who is originally from Somalia has been called up to the U17 Scotland squad.

http://www.heraldsco...a-rule-1.926048

I've seen McRobbies name mentioned in this thread. Good wee player. Seen him play for the Aberdeen U19s a few times and I hope he will make the grade.

What on earth happened to Feruz?