G_Man1985

Carlisle United News

My english team i like is Carlisle United. With my cousin use to play for them i just kept on following them. He is now at bury i think.

Anyway this season has not been the best of starts this season. Only good news thats came to Carlisle recently is the news of Graham Kavanagh is on loan for a month from Sunderland.

Come on you blues

Carlisle United, who are they? :huh:

A bigger team than stirling albion, no need to worry about them. i doubt many players would go to stirling from carlisle, i may be wrong in this in the near future <_<

They just got taken over by a billionaire Bulgarian businessman in my Football Manager game. I'm currently managing Bournemouth in League1 and have zero to spend on transfers, while Carlisle have just been given a 12 million war chest.

I now want the Carlisle job :lol:

My english team i like is Carlisle United. With my cousin use to play for them i just kept on following them. He is now at bury i think.

Anyway this season has not been the best of starts this season. Only good news thats came to Carlisle recently is the news of Graham Kavanagh is on loan for a month from Sunderland.

Come on you blues

I work in Carlisle so sort of half follow the fortunes of the football team. What the hell is happening to them? They've lost the last 5 league games and are now on their worst run of form for 5 years! They were supposed to be promotion contenders but look as if they're going backwards under Ward. They've sold some of their better players in Westwood and Garner (admittedly, due to their size, Carlisle will always be a selling club and got good money for these players) but they've not replaced them with anyone anywhere near their quality.

What do you think? Do you think Ward will turn it around or be booted out?

Incidently, who was your cousin?

Cousin is Alan Smart. Ward wont be punted. The last few seasons they have always been near the top, and before that they got promoted 2 years in a go so there due a season where they could come mid table. They lost Garner which was a big blow. Then the season before that they lost hawley. The big teams always come inf or carlisle strikers. Danny Graham will be the next to go

They just got humped by the MK Dongs. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Got a soft spot for Carlisle too...mainly due to the fact that a couple of their legends (George McVittie and Chris Balderstone RIP) played for Queens.

And one of my mates is Carlisle United legend, Hughie McIlmoyles son.

Carlisle United have signed Hull City midfielder John Welsh on a one-month loan deal.

The 24-year-old former Liverpool trainee signed for the Tigers in 2005 and could make his Carlisle debut against Hartlepool on Tuesday.

"He is a holding midfielder who can help to steady things up in the middle of the park," manager John Ward told the official club website.