Rugby Union

kiwififer

Spain lost to Belgium in the World Cup qualifiers , which means that Romania get the automatic qualification spot and are in Scotland's pool.
I seen that the game was reffed by a Romanian official and the Spanish team reacted very poorly after the game.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/watch-referee-attacked-spain-players-pitch/

I seen that the game was reffed by a Romanian official and the Spanish team reacted very poorly after the game.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/watch-referee-attacked-spain-players-pitch/
Some more utter seethe from the Spanish here

http://t2rugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1534
Can't blame them for being raging tbh, shouldn't have been any officials involved from countries affected by the result.

Spain v Portugal in the playoff match later in the year.

To be fair, it all sounds very, very fucking ropey. A Romanian ref for a game that Romania needed Spain to lose, appointed to the game by Rugby Europe, who are of course run by a Romanian. The penalty count was apparently 28-8 against Spain!

1 hour ago, GAD said:

To be fair, it all sounds very, very fucking ropey. A Romanian ref for a game that Romania needed Spain to lose, appointed to the game by Rugby Europe, who are of course run by a Romanian. The penalty count was apparently 28-8 against Spain!

There`s dodgy and then there`s dodgy verging on corrupt. :lol:

I have seen lots of different figures for the pen count ranging from 18-8 to 28-4 with the president of Spanish rugby claiming they were penalised 10 times . But looking at a number of reports Spain played shit until the 70th min and played a fly half who was nowhere near match fit and missed a number of easy kicks

2 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Just an suggestion but what’s anybody’s thoughts on Tommy Allan to come in beside Hastings for next season at Glasgow?

He's a quality player, but would rather have another Scottish qualified player as we really short on top quality Standoffs at the moment.

I would rather go with either Jackson (unless he is now considered a full back) or Thompson at 10, and then you can always have Horne as a back up if required

I like Tommy Allan and I think he could fit into the team well but I can’t really see it happening. I’m still hoping Glasgow will sign an experienced fly-half to supplement the squad next season as I’m yet to be convinced by Hastings.

He was at Edinburgh for a bit, showed the odd flash, but mostly poor. One game against Leinster i think it was he was appalling. Genuinely one of the worst performances I've seen at Edinburgh...... Quite the compliment I'm sure you agree. Seemed to feature less and less after that.

He went down south, Worcester maybe? But I don't watch enough prem rugby to say how it's panned out.

Pity as he really was starting to come on to a game at Bath!

ETA, just checked, it was Munster. Missed 5/9 pens. Some absolute sitters from memory. Christ it's giving me shivers just thinking about it!

6 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Where's the Tomasso Allan rumour coming from?

I think it was just a guy on here suggesting he's been quite good and would we like him at Glasgow.  I don't think Glasgow will sign him.