Rugby Union

kiwififer

9 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

What was it about. I don't understand why changing it would benifit. It shouldn't be a problem for them considering the depth of professional rugby players at their disposal

They wanted to get rid of one the rest weeks to reduce  the amount of time the players are away from the clubs.  The Aviva Premiership clubs also want France and England to miss week 1 enter in week 2 and play each other during week 3 (a rest week) so it would still be a 7 week tournament for Italy, Ireland, Wales and Scotland and a 6 week tournament for England and France. 

Scotland 7s core squad to compete on the 2017-18 HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series (World Series tournaments and BT Premiership club player is drafted to in brackets)

DKPp1UCW4AA0yqb.jpg:large

Hugh Blake (16, Hawick)

Jack Cuthbert (3, Watsonians)

Harvey Elms (0, part-time)

Jamie Farndale (21, Watsonians)

Robbie Fergusson (0, Ayr)

Dougie Fife (16, Watsonians)

James Fleming (43, Heriot's)

Nyle Godsmark (12, part-time)

James Johnstone (40, Melrose)

Gavin Lowe (16, Marr)

Nick McLennan (12, Boroughmuir),

Jo Nayacavou (27, Hawick)

Sam Pecqueur (0, part-time)

Scott Riddell (57, captain, Melrose)

Scotland 7s core squad to compete on the 2017-18 HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series (World Series tournaments and BT Premiership club player is drafted to in brackets)
Hugh Blake (16, Hawick)
Gavin Lowe (16, Marr)

When does 7s tour start and what's the coverage usually like. I watched the odd game last year but I can never remember when they play

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

When does 7s tour start and what's the coverage usually like. I watched the odd game last year but I can never remember when they play

The 1st round starts on the 1st of December. Sky should still have the UK rights for the 7s.

Sevens Calendar - 2018

Dubai

1-2 December 2017

Cape Town

9-10 December 2017

Sydney

26-28 January 2018

Hamilton

3-4 February 2018

Las Vegas

2-4 March 2018

Vancouver

10-11 March 2018

Hong Kong

6-8 April 2018

Singapore

28-29 April 2018

London

2-3 June 2018

Paris

9-10 June 2018

The 1st round starts on the 1st of December. Sky should still have the UK rights for the 7s.

Sevens Calendar - 2018

Dubai

1-2 December 2017

Cape Town

9-10 December 2017

Sydney

26-28 January 2018

Hamilton

3-4 February 2018

Las Vegas

2-4 March 2018

Vancouver

10-11 March 2018

Hong Kong

6-8 April 2018

Singapore

28-29 April 2018

London

2-3 June 2018

Paris

9-10 June 2018

That is incredibly helpful thank you

Sevens Calendar - 2018

Dubai

1-2 December 2017

Cape Town

9-10 December 2017

Sydney

26-28 January 2018

Hamilton

3-4 February 2018

Las Vegas

2-4 March 2018

Vancouver

10-11 March 2018

Hong Kong

6-8 April 2018

Singapore

28-29 April 2018

London

2-3 June 2018

Paris

9-10 June 2018

Why have the changed schedule. I thought London was always last?

Would certainly have started Allan for Munster tbh. Gordy Reid feels like as big a loss as Strauss right now.

Totally agree, Strauss had a poor start to last season but got right back on form and Reid never backed down to anyone and had a physical presence in the front row which seems to be lacking at the moment

16 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Hugh Blake (16, Hawick)

Gavin Lowe (16, Marr)

Interesting age range of that group.

Why have the changed schedule. I thought London was always last?

They have another schedule on the website and think that was an older version with this the new version

Dubai: 1-2 December, 2017
Cape Town: 9-10 December
Sydney: 26-28 January, 2018
Hamilton: 3-4 February
Las Vegas: 2-4 March
Vancouver: 10-11 March
Hong Kong: 6-8 April
(Commonwealth Games 2018, Gold Coast: 14-15 April) 
Singapore: 28-29 April
Paris: 26-27 May
London: 2-3 June
(Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018, San Francisco: 20-22 July)  

TBH I think Ashe has stepped up and don't think we've missed Strauss as much as Reid.
I reserve the right to amend that at a later date!

Tbf Ashe has started well but very hard to replace the go forward and physicality that Strauss brings. First really big game of the season roll on ko

Tbf Ashe has started well but very hard to replace the go forward and physicality that Strauss brings. First really big game of the season roll on ko

You reckon? I'd say connaught away is tough fixture for anyone and blues are team that can be brilliant one week and crap the next. No I had a post earlier about what a tough run of opening fixtures it's been for glasgow. I get what your saying about munster I just disagree slightly that it's 1st big game of the season

You reckon? I'd say connaught away is tough fixture for anyone and blues are team that can be brilliant one week and crap the next. No I had a post earlier about what a tough run of opening fixtures it's been for glasgow. I get what your saying about munster I just disagree slightly that it's 1st big game of the season

Meant more its first marquee fixture since its the two sides likely to be vying for top spot. Certainly not downplaying Connaught away as a challenge tho we were very lucky to catch it early season before the bad weather..... Aherm....cough. Cardiff were OK against us but I think our tactics n error count were a bigger issue. Munster also have been right inside our heads last season or so. That's why I think this is a real biggie. I've looked forward to the other games but this is one I've been most buzzing about.

Meant more its first marquee fixture since its the two sides likely to be vying for top spot. Certainly not downplaying Connaught away as a challenge tho we were very lucky to catch it early season before the bad weather..... Aherm....cough. Cardiff were OK against us but I think our tactics n error count were a bigger issue. Munster also have been right inside our heads last season or so. That's why I think this is a real biggie. I've looked forward to the other games but this is one I've been most buzzing about.

Totally agree m8. Really buzzing. Absolutely nothing to fear here. Was at the match when we put 50 on these whingers few seasons back.

Bring it on...