Rugby Union

kiwififer

Cockerill spoke well again after match.... Starting to like him....I need a shower

I must admit he went up in my estimation after I read Matt Hampson's book Engage. After he was paralysed on England duty the RFU pretty much left him to his own devices. Nothing of the sort from his club Leicester, with Cockerill who was coach at the time saying "he's OUR player, and he will be OUR player until he is no longer with us."

Auckland almost had 50 points scored against them for the 2nd game in a row in the Mitre 10 Cup. They lost at home today 38-49 to Taranaki after losing 10-57 away to North Harbour last Sunday plus they lost 27-35 at home to Waikato the week before. At least it was a vast improvement on the North Harbour game and they managed a bonus point scoring 5 tries to Taranaki's 6 to lift them off the bottom of the Premiership table.

Pumas leading the All Blacks 16-15 at half-time in New Plymouth. They scored a penalty from 52 metres to make it 6-10, then Sanchez scored a drop goal to narrow it to 9-10 before the All Blacks scored a try then fucked up and let Argentina in for a converted try just before the break. Not expecting the final result to be so close.