Rugby Union

kiwififer

Watched Glasgow, Edinburgh and Scotland women's matches this weekend and the best was the game in Parma. A pot-boiler between two very evenly-matched sides decided by a couple of moments of brilliance and with a nail-biting finale. That's the first time Scotland have ever won in Italy in the 6 Nations.

Scotland go to Belfast next Saturday where a win would give them a first 3rd-place finish since 2005, a spot in WXV1 and, best of all, qualify them for the World Cup in England next year. They'll be without Chloe Rollie who was fantastic in this match, but she got bunkered for a dangerous clear-out in the last minute and it's been upgraded to a red.

To say Scotland had a better day than Ireland today might be a slight understatement...

Best Scotland women's performance that I can remember.  Dominant for the best part of 30 mins then somehow seven nil down after 31, they didn't panic and clawed their way back.

Skeldon at hooker was simply magnificent and easily player of the match.  One squint throw apart, she was awesome, great carries, turnovers, tackles and tough scrummaging.  How she managed 70+ mins was incredible!

Mattison (sp) at scrum half kept the tempo going very well.

Fair play to Italy, they too tried to run the ball, but were just outpowered and outplayed (the score flattered them IMHO).

I said, last 6N that I thought this team was coming onto a game, but they've exceeded all my expectations so far.

I absolutely love watching them.

Yours

aDONis