Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Surprised that Hardie, Burleigh and the Bryce's haven't signed on somewhere else yet - would take Hardie at Glasgow

I would defo take John Hardie at Glasgow.  If we want to be winning silverware at not getting out-muscled in important home games then bolstering the back row into something more aggressive and tough is essential. 

It was the fact he immediately said he was happy with it after one replay. Surely with the ref himself at fault the TMO should have more say. Though a real referee would have admitted his fault anyway.

Utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

8 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

Fairly average officiating all round, George Ayoub saying he had clear footage of the Frizzell try being held up my arse...

To be fair, he actually said it was short first, then there was an arm under it and he couldn't see the ball actually being grounded after that. All of which was true.

He didn't say he actually saw it held up so Lacey should have stuck with his original decision and given the try.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

To be fair, he actually said it was short first, then there was an arm under it and he couldn't see an actual grounding after that. All of which was true.
He didn't say he actually saw it held up so Lacey should have stuck with his original decision and given the try.

Lacey was about 4 feet from it and says he was happy with the grounding, Ayoub should have left him to it.

It was Lacey that decided to review it, not the TMO.

I’d need to rewind it and that’s too much effort..

My memory of it was Lacey saying ‘yes George, go ahead George’ as if Ayoub was attracting his attention to it.

Just now, KiwiDB said:

I’d need to rewind it and that’s too much effort..

My memory of it was Lacey saying ‘yes George, go ahead George’ as if Ayoub was attracting his attention to it.

Fair enough if I missed that. I can't be bothered rewinding it either.

9 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

That looks a bad one for O'Mahony. Falau had a cheeky wee tug on him as the were both falling.

Made worse by Stander just letting O'Mahony go when he easily could have cushioned his fall, or at least kept him more upright.

That's not to defend Falau mind you.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

France have had some unfortunate ref calls over the 3 Tests but they've allowed NZ to be clinical. The French away form has traditionally been honking tbh.

As for Oz vs Ireland, Jacob Stockdale was fortunate not to see red. He led with his elbow into an Oz neck. 

Cape Town's at sea level so it'll be interesting to see if England get a result or just take to the field looking forward to getting home.

Looking forward to this. Hoping for a good performance and finish summer tour on a high. Horne - Hastings combination will be a key area and whether or not they can regularly engage with our backs. I think our forward pack will be able to match the Argentinians but our backs will be key for me.