Rugby Union

kiwififer

I thought the younger lads put in some good performances, Lang, Hastings, Carmichael, Bradbury all looked good. Denton again flattered to decieve, loads of ball carrying, but makes no yards.
It's a shame we have 2 good hookers but both are made of chocolate and miss more games than they play. Turner though not really a hooker is a good player and about the park is really good.
For the first game of a tour, with a development side thought it was a decent performance, although the fitness levels of the Canadians was shocking.
2 tougher games to come so hopefully will see a step up in performance next week

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Denton again flattered to decieve, loads of ball carrying, but makes no yards.

Agree totally. A steady ball carrier is grand but a quality No.8 should be able to break the gainline and make yardage. The likes of Wilson, Barclay (though injured), Strauss and Ashe (whenever he's fit again) offer more imo.

I actually thought Denton was ok. I thought he made yards almost every time he got the ball and he was a decent lineout option as well. Not sure many of the first choice backs will be overly worried about their place today. Think only Kinghorn and Price will be a definite for the world cup squad. Jackson will probably make it as he is versatile, but won't play in the big games.

Bit concerned by the lack of pace in the backrow as we usually have 2 more openside type players, and this is more like 3 8's or 3'6's so will be interesting to see. Will be a tougher game than last week and should a good test with 7 players getting their first start.

Interesting to see that Hamilton is without a club, would like to see him at Glasgow as would give our pack a bit of bite

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

Bit concerned by the lack of pace in the backrow as we usually have 2 more openside type players, and this is more like 3 8's or 3'6's so will be interesting to see. Will be a tougher game than last week and should a good test with 7 players getting their first start.

Interesting to see that Hamilton is without a club, would like to see him at Glasgow as would give our pack a bit of bite

I assumed when Hamilton left Leicester it was because he was signing for Glasgow for some reason. He seems exactly the kind of player we need right now.

Anyway, it's a decent enough team, though not sure about Swinson at 6. From the last two games I'm guessing Townsend still thinks there is a lack of grunt in the pack, especially in the back row, and he's looking for someone more physical to stake a claim, probably at the expense of Wilson. Not sure how good USA are, but that team should have enough about it to score a few tries. 

Just noticed that Greg Peterson is on the bench for the USA.  I thought that he was long-term injured hence he's not been involved in the Warriors team for a while.  However, it could mean that he's simply fell out of favour with Dave Rennie?  Makes me think if his future's going to be in Glasgow...

Just noticed that Greg Peterson is on the bench for the USA.  I thought that he was long-term injured hence he's not been involved in the Warriors team for a while.  However, it could mean that he's simply fell out of favour with Dave Rennie?  Makes me think if his future's going to be in Glasgow...
Did he not get injured late January early February but finish the season playing for Marr to build back his fitness?