Rugby Union

kiwififer

The Canadian boy should have went for an early bath imho. Allan Dell could have had his leg broken.

Two good tries and Jacko unlucky not to get a 3rd. The Canadians are tiring quickly and we're winning the forwards battle just now but need we need to keep concentrating as DTH can hurt us with a glimmer of a chance.

Not clinical enough early doors especially with the extra man for 10 mins but improved as the half went on. Penalty at the end was disappointing. Should have bagged 3 points instead of wasting the line-out.

Still a tricky 40 mins left.

Edited by come on shire

Anyone else not impressed with the camera angles?

I’m watching on a Canadian TV feed and between the camera angles and the commentators it’s a hard watch!

5 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

I’m watching on a Canadian TV feed and between the camera angles and the commentators it’s a hard watch!

It's been fucking chronic. One of the commentators has been in a perma rage the whole game. Keeps mentioning Canada "setting the record straight" after the 2014 test in Toronto.  

BBC are using Canadian TV pics. If I was Canadian and watching the Edmonton Oilers at ice hockey or the Edmonton Eskimos who also use this stadium at Canadian football then I'd be seriously motion sick.

As for the game we've defended well and been more clinical although Jacko's yellow card penalty try incident was a but silly.

Our play from restarts is starting to slip again so some work needed there I think...

Edited by come on shire

Gonna have to dissent from the dislike for John Beattie. I like his conversational style. He lacks the drama needed for big matches but for games like this I enjoy his commentary and I think it goes well with a confident pundit like Chris Patterson.

Those camera angles though... surely even someone who's never seen rugby before would know that an angle from behind is the worst possible for action near the try-line. And flipping sides during live play is just amateur. 

Just now, Leggy Blonde said:

He's never in a million years an international 10 

I think that's a bit harsh. He's absolutely fine as an option for games like this, although Hastings is the coming man, and I'd expect him to start next week.

I'd absolutely agree that Jackson shouldn't start at 10 against the Tier 1 Nations though.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think that's a bit harsh. He's absolutely fine as an option for games like this, although Hastings is the coming man, and I'd expect him to start next week.

I'd absolutely agree that Jackson shouldn't start at 10 against the Tier 1 Nations though.

I agree overall he's had a fine game tonight - yellow card aside. Should of had two tries instead of one. 

Pluses: Lineout, the maul, good learning experience in the Scotland style for a few guys we might need later on, Ritchie, Lang, Bradbury, the intensity, the 15 man rugby, stamina and dynamism, Turner, McGuigan's positioning and finishing, Carmichael.

Minuses: Positional kicking, restarts, Bennett's white line fever, some slopiness from Denton, Jackson and Price. Further evidence that SHC is just a bit meh.

Jackson's main job tonight was to be the experienced head among the young guys. But several of the young guys around him showed sounder judgement and composure. Hmm.