Rugby Union

kiwififer

Leinster with the opportunity to wrap up Conference B tonight with a routine home victory over Treviso.

Spoiler

They lost 17-15.

Unlucky chaps!

*edit* although on further inspection, it seems that they have all but wrapped it up. 5 points clear with a superior points difference.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Watsonions won the Melrose7’s this afternoon. Last time a Domestic club won was Melrose in 2011.

Dragons coughed up a 26-10 HT lead to lose 34-32 at Zebre. They are 3 years without an away win in league so no real prospect of them upsetting Scarlets (even if they field another much changed side) at the Millennium Stadium.

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

I recorded the Edinburgh game to go to Shire's game at Spartans. I then found out that Scarlets were fielding a development squad due to the play-offs and Europe so didn't bother watching it.

I'd imagine Leinster did likewise though that's indeed a shock.

They put out quite an impressive 23 including Carbery, McGrath and others which makes it look even more impressive. 

Refs for the weekend and the Glasgow team
Saturday, April 21, 2018
ULSTER RUGBY V GLASGOW WARRIORS – KO 18:05
Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU, 12th competition game)
AR1Nigel Correll (IRFU), AR2:Helen O’Reilly (IRFU)
TMOOlly Hodges (IRFU)
BBC 2 Scotland: 18:00
BBC 2 NI: 18:00

ZEBRE RUGBY V OSPREYS RUGBY – KO 18:45 ITALY
Referee:Lloyd Linton (SRU, 20th competition game)
AR1: Keith Allen (SRU), AR2: Andrea Piardi (FIR)
TMO: Charles Samson (SRU)
Eurosport Italia: 18:40IMG_20180420_155455.jpg

16 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Anyone got information on Pro 14 Development league? There was a little bit on bbc sport app but nothing with any substance. 

I read it earlier - its sounds pretty much like a 2nd team league so that the reserves  youngsters  get a game as it says its copying the reserve league in the England.

I think it would be better served opening up a tier 2 to applicants across europe as well as development teams from the current members with the possibility of promotion relegation. you could add 2 welsh, irish, sa teams - another from scotland, im sure the SA and Italian clbs would be interested, add would Gerogian  Russian etc