Rugby Union

kiwififer

Nathan Fowles sold that 1st try to Cardiff and the 2nd try was no communication in defence. Edinburgh appear to have went back to normal as they're all over the place. Cardiff can only throw the game away the way Edinburgh are playing tbh.

It's dire. I thought this would be a stroll at home tbh

What I find odd was how Fowles is getting praised on the Scottish rugby forum on FB. He's the only pro rugby player I can think of who turns away from the ball in his own danger zone so sells the 1st try to allow Cardiff a base for their win.

Also, in a critical period of the game Edinburgh were at a man advantage after a Cardiff yellow card, peppered their danger zone but came away with hee-haw. If you're serious about winning silverware in knock-out rugby you need to be taking advantage of that. Especially at home...

I was at the game last night. Worst Edinburgh performance in months but tbf they haven't really played well in recent weeks but have ground out some impressive wins so I (and I think Cockerill going by his comments on Friday) saw it coming at some point. So fed up berating Fowles. He is just nowhere near good enough. They really need Hidalgo-Clyne back next week and Shiel to be good next season. Looking forward to Glasgow being back on TV. Despite the brilliant resurgence under Cockerill Edinburgh are a very stressful watch.

20 hours ago, honestly united said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43600664

So 12 teams are interested in a franchise for the super 6, all of the current top 10, with the exception of Marr, and Edinburgh Accies, Dundee and Gala from the 2nd tier

As there is one team minimum from each region,

Its either Dundee or Stirling county from Caledonia, Ayr or Glasgow Hawks from Glasgow, 1 from Gala, Hawick and Melrose in the borders and 1 from 5 from Edinburgh in Boroughmuir, Currie, Accies, Heriots and Watsonians

Good to see plenty of applications. Have the SRU said what the plan is for the rest of the leagues

Who is everyone supporting this afternoon? I think either losing will be funny. Leinster maybe a bit funnier as they basically think they've already done it, but no English teams in the semis is also good. It's a conundrum.

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Good to see plenty of applications. Have the SRU said what the plan is for the rest of the leagues

The Super 6 teams put a reserve side into the National League and then there's some rearranging of teams, according to these two PDFs:

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sites/default/files/editor/images/agenda_3_-_an_overview.pdf

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sites/default/files/editor/images/the_super_6_tournament_-_franchise_information.pdf (page 10)

Suppose the good thing about it all is that outside of the Super 6 all the clubs must be strictly amateur, which might help some clubs lower down.

Edited by Ginaro

Who is everyone supporting this afternoon? I think either losing will be funny. Leinster maybe a bit funnier as they basically think they've already done it, but no English teams in the semis is also good. It's a conundrum.

I want Leinster to get hammered. Want to see the disappointment etched all over that c**t sextons face. Man I'm bitter.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I want Leinster to get hammered. Want to see the disappointment etched all over that c**t sextons face. Man I'm bitter.

Did you see the classic bit of Sexton cuntery earlier on when he kicked the ball away after he'd scored a penalty? What a fanny.

George Clancy marks his milestone 100th game as a pro ref when he takes charge of Scarlets vs Warriors this Sat.
He is only the 2nd ref to hit that milestone in the Celtic league/Pro 12/Pro 14 history

refs in full and all but one game has a neutral ref. With the 2 Scottish refs out in South Africa

Friday, April 6, 2018

OSPREYS V CONNACHT RUGBY – KO 19:35

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU, 44th competition game)
AR1: Andrea Piardi (FIR). AR2: Craig Evans (WRU)
TMO: Neil Hennessy (WRU)
S4C: 19:30

EDINBURGH V ULSTER RUGBY – KO 19:35

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 164th competition game)
AR1: Wayne Davies (WRU). AR2: David Sutherland (SRU)
TMO: Sean Brickell (WRU)
BBC ALBA: 19:30
BBC2 NI: 19:30

Saturday, April 7, 2018

LEINSTER RUGBY V ZEBRE RUGBY CLUB – KO 14:00

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 72nd competition game)
AR1: Dan Jones (WRU). AR2: Simon Rees (WRU)
TMO: Jon Mason (WRU)
TG4: 13:40

TOYOTA CHEETAHS V CARDIFF BLUES – KO 15:00 SA

Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 20th competition game)
AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU). AR2: Ben Crouse (SARU)
TMO: Johan Geeffe
SuperSport One: 14:30
S4C: 13:45 (UK)

SCARLETS V GLASGOW WARRIORS – KO 16:15

Referee: George Clancy (WRU, 100th competition game)
AR1: David Wilkinson (IRFU). AR2: Gywn Morris (WRU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)
Sky Sports Action: 16:00
Sky Sports Action is available on Channel 407 (507 for Virgin customers)

BENETTON RUGBY V DRAGONS – KO 18:00 ITALY

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 33rd competition game)
AR1: Joy Neville (IRFU). AR2: Robert O’Sullivan (IRFU)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)
Eurosport Italia: 17:55

SOUTHERN KINGS V MUNSTER RUGBY – KO 19:35 SA

Referee: Lloyd Linton (SRU, 19th competition game)
AR1: Quinton Immelman (SARU). AR2: Ruhan Meiring (SARU)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (SARU)
SuperSport Five: 19:30
TG4: 18:30

Edited by ajwffc

Edinburgh oker Neil Cochrane  will retire at the end of the season  and he along with another 15 players are leaving the club

Kevin Bryce, Glenn Bryce, Neil Cochrane, Robbie Fruean, John Hardie, Elliot Millar-Mills, Matt Shields, Cornell du Preez, Jason Harries, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Jordan Lay, Duncan Weir, Jason Tovey, Tom Galbraith, Phil Burleigh, Junior Rasolea