Rugby Union

kiwififer

On 22/03/2018 at 09:53, newcastle broon said:

Newcastle have sold nearly 25000 tickets for their Saturday night match v Northampton Saints at St James' Park. 

They are  hoping  to do this once every season. 

A crowd of 30174 enjoyed the Falcons 25-22 win over the Saints last night at St James' Park setting a new attendance record. The previous highest attendance was 11750 set at the Gateshead International Stadium in 1998. From what I hear the atmosphere last night wasn't as good as the regular fixtures at Kingston Park though. 

The Falcons wore a special fundraising shirt for the Doddie Weir foundation so a wee bit credit deserved there. 

A crowd of 30174 enjoyed the Falcons 25-22 win over the Saints last night at St James' Park setting a new attendance record. The previous highest attendance was 11750 set at the Gateshead International Stadium in 1998. From what I hear the atmosphere last night wasn't as good as the regular fixtures at Kingston Park though. 
The Falcons wore a special fundraising shirt for the Doddie Weir foundation so a wee bit credit deserved there. 

Also the Northampton saints captain is auction off his boots that have been signed by both captains. with the money going to the Doddie Weir foundation IMG_20180325_220527.jpg

I see no reason why Edinburgh cannot catch leinster too. An all Scottish final in Dublin would be seething delicious
If Glasgow top conference A the the two ways to have an all Scottish final is Edinburgh finish 3rd or win conference B

On 25/03/2018 at 10:50, newcastle broon said:

From what I hear the atmosphere last night wasn't as good as the regular fixtures at Kingston Park though. 

No where near as good, IMO there were too many non regular rugby fans in attendance , for instance the announce had to remind folks not to boo the kicker which is something he never has to do at KP, but as it was really about bringing the club back to the attentions of the North East public it will have served a purpose.  If you add the RL big weekend and the next seasons European finals being at St James Park, it should prove to the geordies that there are other sports out there they can go and watch.

Attendance wise it was a very good number, I think the club were hoping to get 25k so great effort all round by the marketing staff etc.  Hopefully next seasons game will be against Sale, the closest professional club to us in the AP.

Looking forward to the Challenge Cup quarters on Friday and hopefully last weekend can entice an extra few hundred through the gates.

As an aside Falcons are planning on auctioning all the match day shirts for Doddie's charity so some more money going his way.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

Anyone watching the Scarlets game? I was wanting them to win because of Pro 14 and Barclay, but the ref has basically been their 16th man in a bizarrely one sided display.

Glad someone else thought that!

Good win for them though, also good for Glasgow to keep them focused on Europe rather than Pro14

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Glad someone else thought that!

Good win for them though, also good for Glasgow to keep them focused on Europe rather than Pro14

His complete refusal to yellow card Beirne was incredible!