Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Can someone tell me how Ireland have finished with 26 points?

Grand Slam bonus points.

ETA: They exist to make sure a team that wins the Grand Slam can't lose the title due to bonus points to a team that has won 4, lost 1.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

what? A grand slam decider is where two teams can win it. What could England have won today? They could have scuppered the slam, but so could Italy if they had Ireland last.

Wwwwhhhhooooooooosssssshhhhh!

I hope now we all realise the danger of writing off the Italians in Rome especially since Conor O'Shea's takeover.

Overall another very good 6N barring the away form outside Rome but the performance today was frustrating. Russell limped off and is still a key player so hopefully nothing serious due to Glasgow's league campaign then the Scottish summer games. However he was very self indulgent and Tommy Allan bossed him I'm afraid.

We didn't create a lot but the chances we did make were taken. Even when Carlo Canna nudged them in front I always thought we'd nick the win if we created a chance for a drop goal though we got the penalty. 

Anyone watching on TV catch the half-time chat? The whole front row was subbed. Wouldn't surprise me if Toony understandably lost the rag and made changes without injuries coming into it.

Finally the kick out the pitch to win at the very end found touch and got the job done, however it really wasn't very good...

Edited by come on shire

Only saw bits and pieces of the Scotland match, thought they were very sluggish in just about every aspect of the game, too many people receiving passes who were standing still. Did well to grind out the win in the end.

Might watch a bit of the post match BBC coverage from earlier just to be cheered up by Inverdale's reaction to England finishing in a glorious 5th place.

14 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Watching Highlanders v Crusaders game to get my Super Saturday started. Bloody brilliant game.

seen a replay of it it was a great game. The bit of skill by the Crusaders to get a 22 dropout to end up behind the kicker was second to none 

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That -27 is worrying

That was what I thought too, I can just about handle losing to what is a very effective Irish team in Dublin, but the display in Cardiff was appalling. Should not have been losing to them by 27 points.