Rugby Union

kiwififer

Scotland game was so disappointing - game was mush closer than the scoreline, but we didn't half butcher some opportunities. Frustrating as hell.

England game was massively pleasing - Ireland win next week, and we win in Italy and we finish above them.

Disappointing today, but at least a win next week v Italy would mean two years in a row of winning more games than we lost...so that’s progress.

Disappointing today, but at least a win next week v Italy would mean two years in a row of winning more games than we lost...so that’s progress.

Not sure. We got beat by Wales by c. 30 points and Ireland by 20. If England had been beaten by that there would be national emergency. Don't want to come across all Roy Keane but frankly it's not good enough and it's not progress. Shameful display tbh

Not sure. We got beat by Wales by c. 30 points and Ireland by 20. If England had been beaten by that there would be national emergency. Don't want to come across all Roy Keane but frankly it's not good enough

There’s an issue, but this is Tony’s first campaign in charge. Next season Townsend gets the three easier games at home. Four wins next year or his job has to be questionable.

I think Scotland played better rugby today than England or France.

We are Scotland. Three years ago we won the wooden spoon. If we finish with three wins this season it's good going. We are also managing to build considerable squad depth for the world cup where there will be no home advantage for any of the big teams. I would say things are going pretty well.

We are Scotland. Three years ago we won the wooden spoon. If we finish with three wins this season it's good going. We are also managing to build considerable squad depth for the world cup where there will be no home advantage for any of the big teams. I would say things are going pretty well.
OK, probably a bit harsh with the shameful display but the fact remains that a 20 point defeat to Ireland and a 30point defeat to Wales is completely unacceptable.

I agree that the Wales result was unacceptable. I think both the players and the fans went into that game with a bit too much arrogance and Wales punished that. I didn't watch the Ireland game nor do I particularly want to, but it sounds like we matched Ireland but we butchered our chances. Ireland did not. We need to be more clinical and that cost us yesterday and it cost us to an extent against England when we butchered a certain bonus point winning try because of a poor decision.

Given that when we had the same set of fixtures two years ago and we got two wins out of them then, if we beat Italy next week, yes we have made progress.

Wales fuming about a TMO decision again as Williams gets binned. Clearly the correct decision IMO, but they can feel aggrieved about Violo getting away with a blatant yellow card offence minutes before when he pulled Dee back.

Italy's decision making needs to improve. They've had an easy three points available and gone for the corner only to come away with nothing twice, and they missed a kick as well. They're very much in this game though.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Wales fuming about a TMO decision again as Williams gets binned. Clearly the correct decision IMO, but they can feel aggrieved about Violo getting away with a blatant yellow card offence minutes before when he pulled Dee back.

Italy's decision making needs to improve. They've had an easy three points available and gone for the corner only to come away with nothing twice, and they missed a kick as well. They're very much in this game though.

The commentators started off by saying its fine then they flipped it round to this could be red. I felt yellow was fair and makes for an interesting 2nd half