Rugby Union

kiwififer

So, I'm not a massive rugby fan, but always watch the internationals and at least check the results of the Pro14 game. Being a fan of Scottish rugby, is it normal that I look out for Glasgow and Edinburgh and want them both to win? Or am I beast for that because they've Old Firm esque arch rivals?

So, I'm not a massive rugby fan, but always watch the internationals and at least check the results of the Pro14 game. Being a fan of Scottish rugby, is it normal that I look out for Glasgow and Edinburgh and want them both to win? Or am I beast for that because they've Old Firm esque arch rivals?
I always like to see both win but not Edinburgh when they play Glasgow.

10 hours ago, Donathan said:

No, that is perfectly normal. Personally I don't think there really is much of a rivalry between Edinburgh and Glasgow and the games between the two are almost always terrible as well.

It's fucking Ulster and Munster who we really hate.

34 minutes ago, GAD said:

No, that is perfectly normal. Personally I don't think there really is much of a rivalry between Edinburgh and Glasgow and the games between the two are almost always terrible as well.

And Welsh rugby.

The seethe if Ulster miss out on the playoffs would be of epic proportions. And it would be fucking glorious to see.

Imagine the seethe if Glasgow have already secured top place in pool A and Edinburgh beat a weakened side with a bonus point win in the last game of the season season to qualify and keep Ulster out the play offs. That would be hilarious.

Given that the games only been professional for 20 years many of us were Scotland fans before these teams existed.

Natural rivalry with your neighbours is tempered by solidarity with your compatriots.

I’d like Edinburgh to be better than Glasgow but I’d far rather that was because Glasgow stayed strong but Edinburgh got stronger

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Good stuff from Edinburgh, two cracking back to back wins.

Not so long ago they'd have been delighted for two back to wins against anyone.  

Cockerill seems to have made a real difference, perhaps surprisingly.   

Put me down as a supported of both Scottish teams.

To be honest club wise I'd add Leinster to that list. Connacht are the good guys of Irish Rugby.
Regarding International Rugby, Wales are the biggest c***s of them all. Get them in the fucking sea

If I'm understanding it right (probably not) if the league table finished as is, Edinburgh would keep Ulster out of the play offs then play Munster in the play off semi?

For our friend;

Good guys - Scottish teams, Connacht, Newport, Zebre.

Wanks - Munster, Scarletts, ospreys, Leinster, Ulster.

Meh - Treviso, cardiff, s. Africans

Inmy humble opinion.

If I'm understanding it right (probably not) if the league table finished as is, Edinburgh would keep Ulster out of the play offs then play Munster in the play off semi?

For our friend;

Inmy humble opinion.

ETA

No, wait, play off quarter, then semi with Leinster? To set up a Scottish final?

Just back from holiday so catching up on everything this morning.

3 cracking results this week - seeing out a game we would traditionally have bottled against the French, then Glasgow putting the Cheetahs away (Swinson back a huge bonus for Glasgow and Scotland), and Edinburgh getting result of the week by sitting the Ulstermen down. Glorious.

For our friend;

Inmy humble opinion.

This is good, only change I'd make would have Scarlets perhaps as a meh. In a couple of seasons they will definitely be wanks but only starting to make waves so bit harsh to have them as wanks just yet.
Of course as soon as they put their Welsh tops on.... utter c***s

This is good, only change I'd make would have Scarlets perhaps as a meh. In a couple of seasons they will definitely be wanks but only starting to make waves so bit harsh to have them as wanks just yet.

Of course as soon as they put their Welsh tops on.... utter c***s

I felt Scarlett's belonged in the first category, due to the munster-esque collective w**k sky have over them. They are the least 'w**k' of the other two though, I agree.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
My thoughts on the matter haven't really changed tbh.

Know I challenged you on this b4.... canny remember reasons though; but why do you have Dragons as your worst Welsh? I see them as the connacht of Wales

Hatred stemming back to Paul Turner being their coach. An absolute shitfest of a team who always complain about everyone else.